Eventide Blackhole Immersive

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Blackhole Immersive

Does this mean any UI updates will be packaged with immersive now and not added to the legacy plug-ins like they did so far? That would be a shame.

Honestly mind-boggling prices and owning the Eventide Bundle gives you a measly 20% discount for what are basically just upgrades to existing plug-ins. Can't see this tempting anybody other than big studios really and that implies that they can afford low sales because there were not that many programming hours invested in these.

What have they smoke making this price?😂😂😂 wait for the 29.99 offer😂

This thing sounds great through Power Cord https://www.audioflatulence.com/

I'd love to have the UI improvement backported to the $29.99 Black Hole plugin :D I like that plugin a lot, but I don't need a surround version and the price puts it out of consideration for just a UI upgrade.

Hardware price without the hardware, theyre doing you a favour!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

billcarroll wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:12 pm Only $499. Quite the bargain. :P A bit less depending on theEventide plugins you already own.
The upgrade prices are just as stupid. It's simply not worth that, it's not that good.

charlesalbert wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:16 am What have they smoke making this price?😂😂😂 wait for the 29.99 offer😂
sell x3000+* to Pro studios and Pro artists around the world first ?
makes sense to me from a biz standpoint.
( * No clue about real numbers. Make it x1000+ if it fits better. Still a nice revenue)

- now multichannel _ buy !
:lol:

billcarroll wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:12 pm Only $499. Quite the bargain. :P
Sound like plugins for pretty specific/professional uses cases only anyway.

Anyway, they can charge what they want. Will sort itself out by people who are willing or not willing to buy them.

Agreed wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:39 am I'd love to have the UI improvement backported to the $29.99 Black Hole plugin :D
Improvement? I take the original Blackhole GUI over this every day. :P

Does it come with servants?
<list your stupid gear here>

Unless you work in post-production (which I do) these are not designed for the musician. I still wouldn't pay that price for either of them, lol.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

chk071 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:10 am
Agreed wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:39 am I'd love to have the UI improvement backported to the $29.99 Black Hole plugin :D
Improvement? I take the original Blackhole GUI over this every day. :P
Same here.
That new GUI is functional to the "immersive" multichannel workflow, but for a standard stereo plugin I think the usual H9 series layout is still better.

Perhaps so. I think I'm just being a raccoon here, lured to the shinier thing.

Robmobius wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:32 am Unless you work in post-production (which I do) these are not designed for the musician. I still wouldn't pay that price for either of them, lol.
Or, if you're interested in mixing music for surround. Which I get isn't most people's cup of tea, but it's a thing for ambient.

https://www.ambientblog.net/blog/the-su ... -versions/

So, I have a few surround tidbits, and I would buy this for say $100. The problem, of course, is that post is a professional market and the key way that they can differentiate the pro-markets from the rest of us is by limiting specific technical features to the more expensive products. So there's no real way for them to sell this cheaply to ambient musicians making zero + epsilon dollars from their efforts and still sell it at full pop to post pros.

listening on HPs, i found the "binaural dolby-algo stereo down-render"* sounded immensly good !
(*in lack of a better wording)
i mean, better than anything else i´ve ever heard on HPs.
The sound was indeed "around my head"**. A first for me.
( **while the non dolby render was not)

so yes, "i think" it IS also for musicians.

if i would commute in a Bus or so, with HPs on, listening to "such a sound",
.....some electronic relaxed ambient-y music. It might make a difference like night and day for me.

Price ? ...check some eurorack modules :lol:
I´d never pay that ! But my bigger concern would be the time to be spent "to get there".
(despite that the dolby algo might cost on top of all ? no clue )

Return to “Effects”