Coming next on patchpool: Maelstrom for Avenger 2

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Demo for the patch “Sax Swells“ from the sound library Maelstrom for Avenger 2, Macro/Modwheel automation in LogicX, 100% Avenger 2.
https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... sax-swells

Video featuring the patch “Orion Bell Tower“ from the sound library Maelstrom for Avenger 2 - Macro/modulation wheel automation in Logic X, explanations inside.

https://youtu.be/ztLItgORdt8

Demo for the patch “Iceland“ from the sound library Maelstrom for Avenger 2, Macro/Modwheel automation in LogicX, 100% Avenger 2.
Quoting myself from the patch-list:
Six unison voices with random LFO detuning, add FM modulation via Mod Env 1 with M1, add tempo-synced, square-shaped pitch modulation (via LFO2) scaled to intervals (+5/+7/+12) with M2, add tempo-synced step sequencer with M3.
M4 introduces tempo-synced HP filter modulation via MOD ENV2. MW adds tempo-synced formant modulation via LFO3, control delay/reverb mix with M5/6.
https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... -2-iceland

I'm in the process of finalising all the 111 patches (and counting), the release of Maelstrom will happen sometime next week, all fencesitters act soon if you want to save some cash.

Video featuring the patch “Spectral Moon“ from the sound library Maelstrom for Avenger 2, Macro/modulation wheel automation in Logic X, patch description inside.

https://youtu.be/FOKSaIEqC94

I’m still fairly new to programming Avenger 2, but I’ve found that it has an excellent-sounding synth engine. The quality of the slick effects along with sequencing abilities is also really useful.

I wish that I had more time to dive deeper into its sample-mangling features though. That’s the area that I haven’t explored much yet. But I can clearly see the potential there, especially with the granular engine (I love the grains). :love:

So, of course I got my order in and I’m looking forward to using it on a new MacBook Pro with an M3 Max processor. I love my 2020 iMac, but some of the most recent synths and effects are obviously meant to take advantage of the insanely-powerful, up-to-date Silicon chips.

Now with my new laptop, I can throw caution to the wind and find new ways to ‘lovingly’ abuse my CPU-heavy plug-ins until my heart’s content. So bring it on Simon! I’m ready for a new Patchpool experience!! 8)

morphex wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:36 pm I’m still fairly new to programming Avenger 2, but I’ve found that it has an excellent-sounding synth engine. The quality of the slick effects along with sequencing abilities is also really useful.

I wish that I had more time to dive deeper into its sample-mangling features though. That’s the area that I haven’t explored much yet. But I can clearly see the potential there, especially with the granular engine (I love the grains). :love:

So, of course I got my order in and I’m looking forward to using it on a new MacBook Pro with an M3 Max processor. I love my 2020 iMac, but some of the most recent synths and effects are obviously meant to take advantage of the insanely-powerful, up-to-date Silicon chips.

Now with my new laptop, I can throw caution to the wind and find new ways to ‘lovingly’ abuse my CPU-heavy plug-ins until my heart’s content. So bring it on Simon! I’m ready for a new Patchpool experience!! 8)
😀 I can see the finishing line now, as usual writing the patch descriptions and finalising the sounds is more work than I had wished for but for me that's part of the job. I have programmed this library on my old ashtray Mac Pro at a sample buffer of 256 in order to detect CPU loads and apart from the spectral oscillator which can be very demanding depending on the settings and modulations applied, Avenger 2 behaves really well compared to version 1. I will order a fully fledged M3 laptop soon and can't wait to experience the difference.

Return to “Soundware”