Arturia releases MiniBrute V

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Having fun with the demo. Simple, but delivering nice tones along with decent fx.

Is this a perfect copy of the hardware ? (In term of sound )
**dark music for dark lovers**

I wonder why they have the video in their product page seemingly running the synth on an iPad. Never mind, I see that other product pages do the same so it's probably meaningless.
Last edited by jipumarino on Tue May 21, 2024 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gelly-vapor wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:56 pm Is this a perfect copy of the hardware ? (In term of sound )
No software is a perfect copy of analogue hardware.

seafire wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:12 pm
gelly-vapor wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:56 pm Is this a perfect copy of the hardware ? (In term of sound )
No software is a perfect copy of analogue hardware.
i am glad it isn't,,.,my electric bill would be of the charts....

jipumarino wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:04 pm
I wonder why they have the video in their product page seemingly running the synth on an iPad. Never mind, I see that other product pages do the same so it's probably meaningless.
Kind of a weird choice if they’re not planning iPad versions :?

https://www.arturia.com/products/softwa ... v/overview

Quite a CPU hungry synth if you want to use all 8 notes of its polyphony. Over 50% in my DAW.

I was never a fan of the Metalizer sound from YouTube vids of the Minibrutes, the range of useful timbres from it sounded too narrow for my liking and after playing with it my opinion hasn't changed. I can get a similar sound out of Minifreak.

Overall the sound quality itself is very good, convincingly analog. Without the Metalizer it still has quite a unique sound, but not what I'd call versatile. It can make a wide range of sounds but the usable sweet spots are few and far between, IMO.

I can do without this one.

TBH I'm less excited about this, the MiniBrute V, than I am about the possibility their Steiner-Parker filter model on hand opens them up to modeling the DrumBrute/Impact. (and maybe the Mini 2 as well, I'm a sucker for semi-modular)

Just to point out, if you're really into a MiniBrute, you can buy one second hand for about the same money (I assume) or the new MiniBrute 2 for twice the money (after intro price). Arturia don't care as the money still goes to them (unless it's second hand).
<list your stupid gear here>

Not sure why Arturia is making this when there are so many other vintage instruments they could make

They must have hit a brick wall with product development if they are reduced to Augmented series and digital remakes of their own budget line of hardware synths

Can't say I have ever said to myself "self you know what would be cool? A Minibrute plugin that's what"

Well I differ here. I have a Minibrute 2 and have often wanted polyphony. This is an instant buy for me but the augmented series is completely lost on me. I’ve never pined for an augmented river in China but perhaps I lack imagination.

Uncle E wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:46 pm I only have free gifts registered to my account and my crossgrade price is $69.
Thanks for that Uncle E. Just signed in and my price is the same.
I had forgotton I had an account full of free stuff. :tu:

seafire wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:05 pm Just logged in, my crossgrade is 49, so much better. Presumably as I owned the original, I don't have any of their software.
That’s a pretty good deal. Mine is also $49 and I have V Collection 9, FX Collection 4, several individual plugins, a PolyBrute, a MatrixBrute, a MiniFreak, and a KeyStep 37. Oh well, I owned a MiniBrute 2S at one point and didn’t love it so this will be a pass.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

I am amazed. One must be honestly deaf to not hear the amazing sound this little synth delivers...

when I remember Arturia 8-10 years ago and their synths - no bananas
Last few years - holy what the f***?!?

Their quality expanded dramatically.
Last edited by kmonkey on Wed May 22, 2024 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

IvyBirds wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:21 pm They must have hit a brick wall with product development if they are reduced to Augmented series and digital remakes of their own budget line of hardware synths
Arturia is celebrating their 20th Anniversary. That's a great reason to revisit their own products. In many ways, AstroLab is a re-release of the Origin.

Return to “Instruments”