Humble Bundles: May 2024

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:20 pm Magix Bundle Audio Video Bundle.

Love Magix, Hate Magix?

Oh Acid Pro 10 is there too, but who uses Acid these days?

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/p ... waug23_ann

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LmhknX ... nnel=MAGIX
Thx i dont get the license description. Are these royalty free or not does someone know?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

^^^
Usually, they are not.
They have different pricing for commercial use of the sample packs. The ones they give away or available for less are not for commercial use. In fact, the ones that's bundled with their Magix Music Maker app are for personal use.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

I'm glad I got a version of Vegas Pro Edit in one of their earlier offerings. Looks like they discontinued the perpetual license of that one...

There is this drop-drown menu Select a purchase option. There you can select New license (199EUR) or Upgrade (149EUR).

chk071 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:02 am I'm glad I got a version of Vegas Pro Edit in one of their earlier offerings. Looks like they discontinued the perpetual license of that one...
Nope. For all variants (Edit, Suite, Post), the license types are in the dropdown. Annual, Monthly, New license, Upgrade. The latter two are perpetual.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

paulbreeze wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:10 am There you can select New license (199EUR) or Upgrade (149EUR).
Oh, upgrade price sucks, if you were thinking to get version 14 and upgrade. They must have had that in mind with these Humble Bundle deals (seems their strategy over the years).
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:07 pm
paulbreeze wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:10 am There you can select New license (199EUR) or Upgrade (149EUR).
Oh, upgrade price sucks, if you were thinking to get version 14 and upgrade. They must have had that in mind with these Humble Bundle deals (seems their strategy over the years).
One general thing: You can always try to get a second hand license of either the Humblebundle or a newer one. Transfer is easy with Magix.

I've tried M music maker. Versions 29, 30 and 31.
I missed the ability to group the faders in the mixer on v29. If you have lots of tracks and you load a plugin or audio that is much quieter than the rest of the tracks, it's lot of work to manually decrease every single fader. It's gonna wear you down eventually.
I told them nicely about this. The mod lied about it and said it was possible and gave directions which with closer inspection probably had to do with a mixer in some other software. No more comments since then. No fix in v31.
The music maker algorithms are deteriorating in favour of club, dub, trance and hiphop. Other genres give shitty results.
The music maker sounded as a good idea but now i'm deleting everything. Magix doesn't uninstall everything even if the uninstaller are told to do so. There's a shitload of files spread around the filesystem in windows that needs to be hunt down and deleted manually.
Regarding manual delete, there is also about 400 registerfiles to delete manually if you are thorough. Took me 3 days. 😰

Does it actually come with Melodyne 5 Essential which is listed as coming with ACID?

chk071 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:02 am I'm glad I got a version of Vegas Pro Edit in one of their earlier offerings. Looks like they discontinued the perpetual license of that one...
They didn't...

But MAGIX is in the midst of a restructuring, so they're agoing to be axing products that don't make sense. They've already gotten rid of the Xara stuff, as well as a few other things.

I wonder how long Video Pro X is going to be around. They specifically stated that they wanted to focus primarily on Samplitude Pro X/Sequoia and VEGAS Pro.

I am almost certain they will keep Sound Forge around, as it's a valuable bundleware for Samplitude/Sequoia and VEGAS, but I can see ACID getting the final axe unless they're making enough from the in-app store to justify keeping it in development.

Wouldn't touch ACID, though. It's incredibly unstable and I am not sure they will ever be able to change that.

-----

The Soundpools are useless, as they are non-commercial use. However, ACID Pro 10 does come with about 6GB of samples. I say 6 because a fair bit of it is the same samples they distribute with Samplitude Pro X.
Last edited by Trensharo on Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

agharta wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:58 am Does it actually come with Melodyne 5 Essential which is listed as coming with ACID?
No, but most people have multiple extra licenses, so just ask around and I'm sure someone will give you one. I probably have 3-4 unused serials buried in my email archive, Lol.
Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:07 pm
With MAGIX, the trick is to wait for the sales that are on 9/12 months of the year. MSRP pricing is up because V15 was recently released, but frankly there isn't even a reason to get V14 if you got V12 in the earlier bundle. Video Pro X also has really bad OpenFX compatibility, so you will be very limited with plug-ins.

The previous VEGAS Pro 18 bundle is probably better, especially since that version can round trip with the HitFilm Pro 16 that was in a bundle a while back, as well as use the Ignite Pro plug-ins from that bundle... and Sound Forge Pro (also in previous bundles) works well with it. So, it functions like a sort of "budget VEGAS Post" when you add it all together (assuming you have something like Affinity Photo installed for image work).

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Never heard of two of the video editors in this video before, you might not have either but they have free versions as he describes.

I have Hitfilm Pro 15 from the Humble Bundle offer, but only because someone gifted the code to me. He just wanted the Ignite Plugins as he used Davince Resolve. Hitfilm shut down the community forum, as they couldn't handle all the negative feedback since going subscription and the fallout it caused to have the Pro version capabilities. The company has fallen from its perch, with three prominent devs leaving. It was bought over by Artlist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA8vArk ... rimalVideo
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

That's all known. But v16 integrated with VP18 so you can still use it as a primary VFX package with that NLE.

Ignite Pro doesn't work in newer versions of Fusion Studio and was always dog slow in Resolve Studio unless you have a ridiculous GPU. I didn't consider them usable (3070 Ti) . Plus, most are redundant with Resolve or Fusion FX... Or cheesy AF... and a downgrade where there is overlap.

They're more useful with Vegas (where they genely upgrade native FX, and run with good performance).

Samples

"A universe of royalty-free audio

Get all the audio you’ll ever need for your games, films, and other creative projects with this jam-packed bundle of royalty-free music and sound FX! Regardless of the vibe you’re trying to weave, you’ll be covered when it comes to music, with dedicated packs that span themes and genres—from fantasy, horror, and sci-fi, to ambient, classical, and chiptunes. Get ready to paint soundscapes with sound FX including creature sounds, combat clanks, futuristic beeps and chirps, and much more. Embark on an audio odyssey, and help support American Cancer Society with your purchase. "

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/a ... warebundle

------------------------------------
------------------------------------

VST Effect Plugins & Samples

"Create music, craft SFX, and make your sound even more spectacular with this awesome audio bundle! This eclectic collection features plug-ins like Obsidian and Outlaw designed to make it easy to transform your sound with spectral delay, reverb, gain leveling, and more. You’ll also get a library of dozens of royalty-free sound packs, including music samples and loops for K-pop, hip-hop, synthwave, or EDM styles. Get the sound you’re seeking, and help support Child’s Play with your purchase! "

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/a ... xsep23_ann
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

A Cherry Audio Synthesizer Extravaganza.

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/l ... poct23_ann

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1WHNxD ... herryAudio

https://youtu.be/XpK5utIhIqQ

https://youtu.be/gu8Dt7BENAQ

https://youtu.be/QPzn3kkHcI0
Get Fear, Caverns, Soul Trip and more!

Get an instant, complete music production suite with this value-packed bundle—featuring a pro-level DAW (digital audio workstation), virtual synths & instruments, SFX, and an epic library of thousands of loops and samples!

Record and mix tracks with the powerful, easy-to-use Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio.
Recreate sounds of legendary instruments with Mercury-4, Eight Voice Synthesizer, and more.
Tap into loops, vocals, one-shots, and MIDI for a huge variety of styles and genres.

Whether you’re a beginner or a professional already deep into production, this bundle’s got everything you need. Plus, your purchase helps support Music Will!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”