Morphverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

M for Melda
uramasa is SHONA (according to Google Translate) for 'you are fine'
Conspiracy theory evrywhere......as long as he dont want to play the game of thrones against Mr. Gates to rule the world I am fine with that 8)

I think Vojtech from Melda is speaking to us in code, to let us know we'll be fine. :phew:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Gregorius wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:08 pm I'm only adding that it's strange all "individual" devs use the same generic "info@" email address for support. And the contact formular advised in the product information does not exist.

Not going to say something about the plugin as I'm not interested in them.
I don't find that strange. United Plugins is like a "collective" of sorts - they have been reasonably transparent about that. Melda are an established and experienced dev and so with them at the helm, they can help nurture great ideas from new developers - and one of the ways they might do that is have centralised customer support across all United Plugin brands, so those little devs can just focus on making cool stuff rather than getting bogged down in marketing, license transfers and activation problems etc (admin). It's like an indie record label... I think the concept is a great one and I applaud Melda for investing in new talent - don't get me wrong - I just have no idea who Muramasa are. United Plugins should introduce us to Muramasa.

"Muramasa" btw was a legendary sword maker in fuedal era Japan.

Guys, I laughed so loud, when I was reading some conspiracy posts :hihi: . Especially explaining the Muramasa name was really par excellence :D Just to assure you, I'm the one behind Royal, Front DAW, Autoformer, and Verbum. I was a creative developer in Audified and part of my creative work was U73, RZ Klangfilm EQ and for example DW drum channel. And yet, for example, Synergy HW reverb. My other colleague was also in Audified and was behind the idea of Mixchecker. I'm a very real person with very real top hi-end studio and I'm collecting vintage gear. With almost 20 years of experience. You can check it on www.soundevice-studio.cz
Last edited by carloff on Thu May 07, 2020 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just tried some of the presets and must say this is a very dominant/aggressive whatever one. You definitely hear it if its on or off :-). So nothing for the subtle tasks. But if you can find something that fits in general quick to adjust with the filters and just amount of (wet/dry). It wont replace my beloved comet with real great designed "athmospheric" presets in most cases, this is more for the rough and dirty ones. But it has kind of character for me.

carloff wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:04 pm Guys, I laughed so loud, when I was reading some conspiracy posts :hihi: . Especially explaining the Muramasa name was really par excellence :D Just to assure you, I'm the one behind Royal, Front DAW, Autoformer, and Verbum. I was a creative developer in Audified and part of my creative work was U73, RZ Klangfilm EQ and for example DW drum channel. And yet, for example, Synergy HW reverb. My other colleague was also in Audified and was behind the idea of Mixchecker. I'm a very real person with very real top hi-end studio and I'm collecting vintage gear. With almost 20 years of experience. You can check it on www.soundevice-studio.cz
Royal Comp is Legit as a saturating character compressor 8)

When are you adding offline oversampling to Front DAW ;)

And laugh all you want, but WE KNOW you're all lizards but it's OK there's been no tinfoil shortage during lockdown :lol:

GNXT wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:24 pm
jens wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:15 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:48 pm
jens wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:28 pm I take it this is yet another Mturboverb algo that got its own GUI/plugin?
There are others?
Pretty sure that all the "United" stuff is basically just Vojtech with some dudes lending their faces… I assume it's a plot to avoid the Melda stigma

Does Morphverb have that typical Melda finger?
What would be that stigma, honest question?

Just not being very good, I'd say… a lot of features but not much of a musical sense in all of it. It seems this "United" stuff is different by having fewer features... :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:19 pm
carloff wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:04 pm Guys, I laughed so loud, when I was reading some conspiracy posts :hihi: . Especially explaining the Muramasa name was really par excellence :D Just to assure you, I'm the one behind Royal, Front DAW, Autoformer, and Verbum. I was a creative developer in Audified and part of my creative work was U73, RZ Klangfilm EQ and for example DW drum channel. And yet, for example, Synergy HW reverb. My other colleague was also in Audified and was behind the idea of Mixchecker. I'm a very real person with very real top hi-end studio and I'm collecting vintage gear. With almost 20 years of experience. You can check it on www.soundevice-studio.cz
Royal Comp is Legit as a saturating character compressor 8)

When are you adding offline oversampling to Front DAW ;)

And laugh all you want, but WE KNOW you're all lizards but it's OK there's been no tinfoil shortage during lockdown :lol:
HAHA , as you so kindly ask, we will try to put oversampling to front daw in the next update,,,

MogwaiBoy wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:27 pm I don't find that strange.
Why would they all use the same custom API instead of their own or whatever else they got used to?

Mind you, I'm not a coder at all, but to me it makes zero sense. Except of course the Melda API was so brilliant all around that they all feel a strong urge to switch to it - which I doubt.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

carloff wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:04 pm I was a creative developer in Audified
Please forgive me for my lack of knowledge, but what's a "creative developer"? You said that your Buddy came up with the idea for Audfied Mix Checker - so is that what a "creative developer" is? Someone coming up with ideas, which then get actually coded by someone else?

jens wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:26 pm
Why would they all use the same custom API instead of their own or whatever else they got used to?

Mind you, I'm not a coder at all, but to me it makes zero sense. Except of course the Melda API was so brilliant all around that they all feel a strong urge to switch to it - which I doubt.
Our guest from Soundevice Digital can fully explain but to me it looks like Melda's tech underneath that handles the underlying GUI framework. That in itself indicates nothing sinister going on and likely has streamlined development and stability across the different brands under the United umbrella. Seems all good to me.

Now we know Soundevice Digital = ex-Audified contractors. I believe Reimund from Fuse Audio also worked on some of Audified's better analog-modeled stuff. Royal Compressor is freaking awesome btw.

But Muramasa - shrug knows who they are.

from melda production is just the license protection thats all , it stays on their website

i found this reverb pretty good , no brainer for me

plexuss wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:45 pm I also picked up Hyperspace, another very cool reverb.
I agree with plexuss: Hyperspace seems very cool. It's like a reverb and FX machine in one (pretty ugly) package.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

D.K Envelope wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:58 pm from melda production is just the license protection thats all , it stays on their website
And imo that simply is a lie when you open one of those plugins and the pop ups look the same, the file dialogs etc, the virtual keyboard, etc.. Also one of the devs already told that they're using a bunch of other stuff like the machine learning...

jens wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:26 pm

It is quite easy, programming DSP in plugin is for us quite different discipline , than to make all the things needed around : API, to build a library, build it for all possible OS and even put there some security system. We are very happy to have big help from Melda. And the graphics, for example, makes my wife. :D Hope it is enough, I cannot say more, unfortunately, we signed NDA. Hope the explanation will satisfy you,, partly at least :hihi: and I'm off to work on other nice plugin tonight . More writing on the forums, less work done. have a nice time.

Return to “Effects”