Seperate stems don't work

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mikoatkvr wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:16 pm Hope this helps for any of you guys that have been worrying :)
I appreciate the information. A little communication can go a long way.

BTW, please let the devs know that this 12.5.4 fix...

- UI: Fixed "Create a multi-out Rack for this plugin inside a submix" not creating the submix

... isn't fully fixed (on Windows 10, at least). It works when selected from the Actions browser tab but doesn't work when you choose it from the dropdown menu when right-clicking the plugin on the track.

If that same thing exists as an option anywhere else I don't know about it so haven't tested it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

@pough I will forward this info, can you let me know that when you say that it doesn't work from the plugin context menu, that nothing happens at all, or are the submix & channels created, but not connected. I ask because here on 12.5.5 using 'Sitala' drum sampler the connections are all added, I then just have to select the multi-out function within Sitala and everything works fine.

I'm testing on Win11, so maybe that is a factor? Anyway I'll let the guys know

Sorry, I mean that it creates a Rack and however many tracks based on the number of outputs, but it doesn't create the Submix track to contain them. That was the bug from before.

So for example, the MicroTonic plugin has two stereo outputs. It should create a Submix and within that Submix it should create two tracks. Instead, it just creates two tracks and no Submix. The Actions version does it correctly: Submix and two tracks.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

I wonder is it win10 specific ( I forwarded your last post ) .

I DL'd the demo of Microtonic and it loaded as expected for me on version 12.5.5 [ not released yet ] on Win11 using both methods you mentioned.

I don't have a Win10 machine to test on though. You could wait and try version 12.5.5 just in case something was updated concerning the Submix multi-out rack and then if no improvement I'm sure the guys will look into it for you.

hope this helps :)

I can confirm, on my Windows11 computer both ways work (create a submix with tracks). Tested on Sitala with right click and from the menu.
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

I see the issue now. The Download Manager downloads the 12.5.4 update and in the end it tells me that it has been installed, but the version that runs is actually 12.5.3 so obviously something is wrong with the install process that results in a false positive.

I ran the 12.5.4 installer manually and it got hung of on 7zip issues. It apparently needed to update some 7zip files but there is a 7zip console running. I had to figure out how to not have 7zip running in the background for the installer to install.

All good now, except I kinda hate 7zip.

UnionS8 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:09 am
irpacynot wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:07 am Glad I haven't installed yet. Had a feeling it'd probably be best to wait and see the responses, and holy cow, seems like there are a lot of major issues. I've got several projects in the works. Will wait until this stuff is ironed out.
...means another 6 months.
Meh...I'm not sure what I'm missing from the update, so...I'm one of those "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kinda folks.

I'm sure they've added some useful stuff. After using the software for several months, I've come to be quite fond of it, and respect the folks who've designed it and continue to improve up on. But, they ain't perfect, in my mind. There are still major annoyances I find myself dealing with in every single project, some things that are project-breaking, forcing me to revert back to a previous project save. You accidentally push a wrong key, and bam, **** hits the fan.

Now, I understand the desire to offer minute control, and that's great. But the "undo" button (and other options in settings) don't cover it all. If you're gonna offer that kind of depth, you may also want to add alongside it a precise log of every single change that occurs -- every one of 'em. This way, if you don't even know what you did or what happened or why, you can check the data log. I am not aware of such a feature.

This is the sort of stuff that gives me pause when updating software. And the more ambitious the developers, the more I feel I need to use caution. Like me with my music (guilty as I charge myself), inspired people tend to rush to publication.

mikoatkvr wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:16 pm Hold tight guys things are being finalised for the next update with fixes for :-

* stem separation pack not installing [ internal 7zip fix ]
* stem separation not working and throwing errors
* crash when previewing samples in the browser
* tag system not updating automatically

( there will most likely be other fixes and/or improvements too )

Things are looking good so far when beta testing this on my Windows machine, so hopefully the Developers have got the main issues sorted.

Hope this helps for any of you guys that have been worrying :)
Would this be 12.5.5 ?
Is this an update we can expect this week, or should we assume it will be a while?

It's available right now, stems still don't work though

balasco wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:43 pm It's available right now, stems still don't work though
When you say 'don't work', is the content still not installing, or are you getting an error code?

dysjoint wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:01 pm ... error code?
'stop error code 1' with win 10 uptodate and 12.5.5
horst

midklang wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:00 pm
dysjoint wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:01 pm ... error code?
'stop error code 1' with win 10 uptodate and 12.5.5
horst
The release version of the Stem Separation pack content was faulty on Windows. The updated pack will fix the error code 1. Should be available imminently.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Hip Hip Hooray ;-)
stem extract is running now.

midklang wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:41 pm Hip Hip Hooray ;-)
I saw this, went to my computer, opened download manager, updated W12 to 12.5.5, then after that I ran the new update/reinstall of Waveform Stem Separation Content...then i opened Waveform 12, dragged clip into the session, clicked "split to stems" and STILL got the same old "exit code 1" error message.

Then after a minute, i clicked "split to stems" again to reproduce the error message, and this time it worked lol

So...it works sometimes?

jonatello wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:54 pm
midklang wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:41 pm Hip Hip Hooray ;-)
I saw this, went to my computer, opened download manager, updated W12 to 12.5.5, then after that I ran the new update/reinstall of Waveform Stem Separation Content...then i opened Waveform 12, dragged clip into the session, clicked "split to stems" and STILL got the same old "exit code 1" error message.

Then after a minute, i clicked "split to stems" again to reproduce the error message, and this time it worked lol

So...it works sometimes?
update: further attempts over the last few minutes have all been successful. The only error i got was the first attempt after updating.

Return to “Tracktion”