Nothing wrong with Eventide?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Whether this post is a joke or not, I've seen so many people complain about this (upgrade/crossgrade prices) with other companies, and it's absurd. How do they expect these companies to stick around if they're offering crossgrades to the whole catalog for pennies?

Imagine telling a band "I bought your first album, so I should be able to get the others for $3 each!"

vurt wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:19 pm there is no way, they can firve you to purchase.
but i look forward to you telling us they did :)
I look forward to him telling us how they did ! A business model with endless possibilities...

But I have to admit that I was tempted as well to see what "as low as" would mean to me when I logged in to see my personal crossgrade offer. It was - not unexpected to me - significantly higher as I preowned only a few of the included plugins. I decided towards buying and was curious to see how much it would be with tax on top. They added up, but I was not able to figure out on what model it was calculated (roughly 6% or the like) even with no hint on what region I'm in (EU mainland, that is). After I selected my country tax was deducted again and the price I finally paid was the one I got offered initially. The observation "You have no way other than to press the button and buy it" is absolutely true - I've found no way not to !
The invoice clearly states "Tax: 0.00$" - for whatever reason.

Addendum:

Also I received the email with a link for a survey on plugins or pedals to get a coupon towards my next purchase. The terms displayed even before the survey started clearly explained the conditions of how the discount might apply to your next order. You can still see it after clicking on the link in your email. Find a quote of the interesting parts below:
  • Only one discount code allowed per transaction.
  • Plug-ins discount code excludes upgrades/crossgrades, Immersive plug-ins bundle, hardware, gift cards, and accessories.
  • Pedals discount code excludes sale items, pre-orders, plug-ins, and gift cards.
You can ignore this. It is not absolutely necessary, though.

DCrown wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:32 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:16 pm Alternate thread title: What's Wrong with DCrown?
I am lying in my bed with flu, but I am able to still control my thoughts.

And you really think their offer is decent after all the things I have detected?
This seems to be a quite high fever temperature.
Poor boy.
Should see a doctor!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:16 pm Alternate thread title: What's Wrong with DCrown?
That’s exactly what a person who isn’t in control of their thoughts would say.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

no one knows how to say it?
is it event ide, even tide, evan tiddy?
who knows? no one!!

And you really think their offer is decent after all the things I have detected?
Go and enjoy the upgrade of the Arturia collection X when you only have the Collection 9.

vurt wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:00 pm no one knows how to say it?
who knows? no one!!
Before YouTube, as a young buck, I used to say Event-ide. But YouTube videos have since corrected that to Even-Tide. Including their own. So...definitely Even-Tide. Which makes sense. The tide is flat and even. It's an even tide. What does that have to do with audio processing? No one knows!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:28 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:00 pm no one knows how to say it?
who knows? no one!!
Before YouTube, as a young buck, I used to say Event-ide. But YouTube videos have since corrected that to Even-Tide. Including their own. So...definitely Even-Tide. Which makes sense. The tide is flat and even. It's an even tide. What does that have to do with audio processing? No one knows!
can't remember why they chose the name, but do remember lucille ball was vaguely involved :)
think she was involved in funding, as she wanted the harnoniser to be made or some such.

i may have dreamed it.

Eventide is a great company imo, innovative, friendly, helpful.
What's wrong with the OP? Just asking.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

CrystalWizard wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:36 pm Eventide is a great company imo, innovative, friendly, helpful.
What's wrong with the OP? Just asking.
Totally agree. Not always the cheapest but often have offers.

Some eventide plug ins are my absolute favourites!

This thread should be in moan zone, it's about a bundle pricing, not about the fx at all....

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:22 pm .....

And there's one more on the ole ignore list. Wonder how many others are doing the same because of this thread? :clap:
Ironically it was this thread which made me wonder how come I haven't ignored him yet.
rsp
sound sculptist

The problem is that offers you get with newsletters often are not personalized.
They offer a bundle for 39 (and there are a lot of non native English speakers!) and you have to find out that you don't get it for 39.
The correct offer for me is Anthology bundle for 159 Euro + VAT
Marketing has become just too lazy and sloppy.
Regarding the fact that I already have some Eventide plugins and I paid for them makes a special price of 39 for the whole bundle or in my case the rest of the plugins in the bundle realistic.
For example Waves Horizon bundle includes more than 80 plugins and if you buy Horizon (sale price) you pay about 2.80$ / plugin!
And no one wrote Eventide plugins are bad, it's about strange marketing

Uneventide?

lotus2035 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:12 pm Uneventide?
Yes, I am uneventided,
I have canceled newsletter subscription.

You should take the upgrade offer.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”