Nothing wrong with Eventide?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It may be common practice for companies to advertise something for a ridiculously low price as a bait and switch but it doesn’t make it right.

There's a big yellow button "check upgrade price" right in the mail - i.e. the e-mail itself leaves absolutely no doubt about your personal upgrade price being something you have to check out and as such not being anything you will be able to find in that e-mail.

Except of course, that you completely lose both your wit and nerves as soon as you read "39$" and just hit the link as fast as you can with a racing heart, shaking hands and a drooling mouth before even being able to read just a tad more of that promo e-mail... so then you sit there just a minute later in cold sweat and don't even really know what just happened... bloody Eventide! :tantrum:

Jens, your last post tries to generalize the Eventide newsletter experience and as you can see I am not the only one that is confused. It's a little bit more complex, though.
The focus of an offer is on the product and price.
Price seems to be attractive at first sight,
the product has to be checked.
What plugins does this bundle include?
What Eventide plugins do I already have?
Eventide bundle includes 32 plugins and the most interesting plugins for me I already bought.
Then you start comparing, I have Waves Horizon and used about 70 % of the plugins in some project, about 20% I use regularly. Horizon includes more than 80 plugins, price was about € 200 VAT included.
Of course you can't compare Horizon to Anthology. With Horizon you can make a complete production, whereas Eventide offers rather niche products.
H910 is cool, but don't use it often
Omnipressor is cool, gets used rarely, it's not an all purpose comp.
Black Hole is cool, it's a reverb that wants to attract attention. Etc.
It's not about Horizon being better than Anthology, these bundles simply are quite different and that's completely ok.
Waves Horizon is about $2,80/plugin btw.

But then you push the "check your price" button on Eventide's homepage to find out what your price is. It's a bit of a surprise, because first you thought it's 39, but it's a lot higher.
I also have found out that 2 plugins of the bundle only could be interesting for me.

Also VAT is something that can affect the price a lot. I have checked European VAT rates and it's from 16% (Luxembourg) to
27% (Hungary). Average maybe about 20%.
That's a lot. So why not showing clearly that price is plus VAT! (please also not in tiny letters somewhere far away from the price!).

Eventide obviously don't force anyone to buy even when the product is in the basket.
I made the experience (not with Eventide!) that sometimes you don't see a price, then you "buy" to check the price, then you just can't delete the product from basket and then you get an email "there's still a product in your basket, please proceed to checkout and place order".

Offers always should be transparent at first sight imo

Take the upgrade offer while you can. It’s a great price for what you get. I spent more to upgrade to Anthology XII when it came out.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I took the upgrade. This is a great deal for what's on offer. I upgraded for $120, whereas previous offers had less content, and they were asking for more money!

I think that's the last software purchase of the year for me. The only thing that I wish I purchased while on sale was the rest of the Goodhertz stuff. I guess that's a 2024 concern.

Good luck with the Flu DCrown. Thanks for the thread... It made me check my offers, and I didn't want to pass this one up.

DCrown wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:32 am
Of course you can't compare Horizon to Anthology. With Horizon you can make a complete production, whereas Eventide offers rather niche products.
What?

No, you could easily make a complete production (instruments aside, of course) with half or even a third of Anthology - it's all in there and then some (okay, bass-/guitar-amps aside).

jens wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:50 am
DCrown wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:32 am
What?

No, you could easily make a complete production (instruments aside, of course) with half or even a third of Anthology - it's all in there and then some (okay, bass-/guitar-amps aside).
I agree, I forgot about Ultrachannel, it's also included and has a "normal" compressor + Omnipressor and I already have it and like using it. Well, I miss a limiter, though, but let's not consider mastering.

Omnipressor can be use as a limiter like any compressor

I believe Anthology is a way more creative bundle than Horizon more focus in mix/mastering.

I’d put Eventide right along side Universal Audio. Anthology and Signature are my top “must have” bundles. Everything else comes second to these.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Damn $120 for me.. Own almost all of the H9 plugs, the H3000s, Quad/Octavox, Instant Flanger/Phaser, H949, and got UltraChannel free ages ago.. Very tempting as I really want that SP2016 reverb and that's actually $9 more on its own then the whole bundle..

The Streisand effect at play: complaining about the bundle pricing has turned into advertising the bundle. :)

Eventide has some new algorithms in their H90 that I'm hoping find their way over to plugin land: a BBD delay, multi-head tape delay, a bunch of interesting pitch FX.

Eventide bundle very good, buy now :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Gam456 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:09 pm Omnipressor can be use as a limiter like any compressor

I believe Anthology is a way more creative bundle than Horizon more focus in mix/mastering.
Definitely Eventide is a more creative bundle, no doubt

Has everybody bought now?

I only want ultra channel, but my upgrade price for anthology is only $10 more. Does ultra channel ever get stupid cheap like $30?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”