The Legend HZ by Synapse Audio now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend The Legend HZ

Anyone else notice that audio-rate modulation via Oscs 3&6 sound different through the mod matrix than through Mod Mix?

This is probably due to the mod matrix being control-rate.

Sound Author wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:25 am Anyone else notice that audio-rate modulation via Oscs 3&6 sound different through the mod matrix than through Mod Mix?

Yep, its also mentioned in the manual

zvenx wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:10 pm Good grief, listening to that video now... Good Lord.. these sound F'kingTastic.

Are these straight without any additional processing bar maybe a light limiter?

rsp
No additional processing, pure LegendHZ :box:

Sound Author wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:25 am Anyone else notice that audio-rate modulation via Oscs 3&6 sound different through the mod matrix than through Mod Mix?

Audio-rate modulation it's confirmed as working? I was not sure.

Has anyone been able to get the MSEG trigger mode to work?

It works for me as described..
" Trigger - usable only as a destination in the Mod Matrix. This function allows the envelope of the MSEG to be triggered only when one of the modulation sources commands it to do so. As an example, with Aftertouch as a modulation source, the MSEG will be triggered only when receiving pressure data from a MIDI controller.
"
Except now I notice it doesn't animate but you hear it..

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Thu May 23, 2024 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

I think the range of modulation by Osc3 of filter cutoff or OSC pitch is greater from the mod matrix than it is via the modwheel. My guesstimate is that the range of the modwheel is about 15 % of that from the mod matrix.
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

zvenx wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:36 pm It works for me as described..
" Trigger - usable only as a destination in the Mod Matrix. This function allows the envelope of the MSEG to be triggered only when one of the modulation sources commands it to do so. As an example, with Aftertouch as a modulation source, the MSEG will be triggered only when receiving pressure data from a MIDI controller.
"
Except now I notice it doesn't animate but you hear it..

rsp
Much appreciated. It's working now.

The lack of visual representation is what was confusing me.

Just as a PSA:

It triggers as one shot. ie. You can't repeatedly trigger it.

I used a full scale square wave MSEG 2 (Off and on like a gate) as a trigger for MSEG 1 in trigger mode.

A mod level of 50 and over from MSEG 2 to "MSEG1 Trigger" triggered the MSEG.

The trigger threshold is determined by the mod amount to the trigger and the level of the modulator itself.

e.g. A full level modulator will trigger at 50 to "Mseg trigger" but anything below won't. But if you have a modulator that is less than full level you can increase the mod level to the trigger to trigger it.

Lbdunequest wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:56 am

Yep, its also mentioned in the manual
Where in the manual? I've read through the LFO and MSEG sections and didn't see it.

Return to “Instruments”