just return - atm0spher1c

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all,

The missus goes to a conference over the weekend and I get to finish a tune. :wink:

Details...

115 bpm, G# minor
Started off on ipad (thumbjam, impaktor, auxy)
Finished in Ableton Live

Love to hear what you think, and I do return the favor on listens.

Cheers

https://soundcloud.com/atm0spher1c/just-return

When the missus is away, the synths we shall play. :clown:

Very good. Groovy and relaxing. I love the bassline and the gated pad. The composition is solid.

I think it could be improved with better sound design. The hi hats in the right speaker are too prominent. There is a synthetic steelpan sound that doesn't mesh that well with the electro bass IMO.

great driving bass. i kept hoping it would change key at some points though. mix is tight except for the loud hat as Frantz noted.
the steelpan doesnt seem to be played in the right key, i think thats why it doesnt fit in well. still enjoyed it. bravo :clap:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I liked the eastern vibes of the intro. The psytrance-lite bassline was a pleasant surprise when it came in. Maybe the hat was slightly too loud, although I have been known to overindulge in percussive frolics myself. I was listening on monitors - it may have been more apparent with 'phones. I suspect that a 2dB cut in volume combined with panning slightly towards the centre might help. I didn't detect any off-key shenanigans with the steel drum sound. This was a pleasant, energetic piece of music which manages to convey a relaxing vibe.

Good work :)

Thanks for listening and commenting @layzer, @frantz, @seismic1. Others have mentioned the hat. As seismic1 suggests that's easily fixed. :-)

Return to “Music Cafe”