FREE 🔥 Audio Plugin Uninstaller (courtesy of Wide Blue Sound)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Audio Plugin Uninstaller

Audio Plugin Uninstaller

The easiest way to manage your audio plugins on your Mac.

Unplug and play.

Audio plugins install files all over your computer, and each developer has a different philosophy about where their files should go.

Enter Audio Plugin Uninstaller: your one-click solution to effortless plugin management.
  • Try demos without cluttering your hard drive. Discover more plugins by knowing you can easily try them without cluttering your hard drive.
  • Remove troublesome plugins. Plugin crashing your session, or not showing up at all? Remove it in one click.
  • Clean up your plugin list. Does your head spin scrolling down your long plugin list? Create a zen space to create by removing old stuff you don’t need anymore.
  • Explore installation packages. Easily find the presets, preferences, and other hidden files for any plugin.
Also, it's free for a limited time.

Click here to check it out.
Last edited by widebluesound on Mon May 20, 2024 5:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
Wide Blue Sound :: Boutique Music Software
Inspiration you can hear.
WideBlueSound.com

Sounds good. Are there any plans for a windows version?

This is brilliant, thanks! I did not realize that the system keeps track of all the plugins that I had uninstalled manually. This uninstaller cleans that up.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:57 pm Sounds good. Are there any plans for a windows version?
I'm afraid not — as you can imagine, that would end up being a completely different Application, due to differences in Windows vs macOS. Sorry!
WideBlueSound.com

Thank you! Seems to work great

Very cool.
It should be included in every DAW!
However, when I try to uninstall a package, I get this popup:

Do you really want to to remove the package(s) & package-contents?
This operation can not be undone and is done on your own risk!
Make sure you've read the documentation before proceeding.

Where is "the documentation" that I must read "before proceeding?"
Documentation would also be helpful for understanding the Advanced Options menu.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

I would very much like a program like this for Windows!!

really nice program! Great start. A couple things that could help it:

-Pull in new columns for developer, plugin type
-Ability to filter out items at 0 MB.
-Group items together to be uninstalled together.
-ability to uninstall certain plugins within groups (like UAD or IK T-Racks)

That would be awesome!

I listed by file size and uninstalled all the packages that were 0mb. These were the non-VST3 versions of plugins that I manually delete, but apparently leave behind files. They’re cleaned up now. Nice.

Filtering by plugin format would be cool.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:19 amI listed by file size and removed all the plugins which were 0mb.
Hi Wide Blue,

I tried this and when I clicked Uninstall Packages which then listed them by type, I found an error. Under "Files that will be removed" were a set of .fxp files less than 1000 bytes identified as being 0.0MB. They were from an earlier version of a VST that is being used and that I also did not select as being 0.0MB. (As a workaround I can copy them to another location, uninstall and then reinstall.)

Another set of .prs files also 1000 bytes or less were also identified as being 0.0MB. However, these are not being used and should be uninstalled.

FR: Users should be able to manually unselect files from the list of those being removed.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

The download link they sent me doesn't work. Contacted support.

oneshotdeal wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:24 pm The download link they sent me doesn't work. Contacted support.
Hi, seems like an odd one-time glitch, but check your email and you should be good to go :)
WideBlueSound.com

widebluesound wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:37 pm
oneshotdeal wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:24 pm The download link they sent me doesn't work. Contacted support.
Hi, seems like an odd one-time glitch, but check your email and you should be good to go :)
Nope.
[404 error] If you're seeing this error after install, check this FAQ for the fix: https://sendy.co/troubleshooting#404-error

oneshotdeal wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:32 pm Nope.
I meant the email I sent you — I made you a private link to download the app. Do you see it?

Let's please continue this conversation over email so this thread doesn't get derailed :) thank you.
Last edited by widebluesound on Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WideBlueSound.com

Thanks for the kind feedback, everyone!
WideBlueSound.com

Return to “Effects”