Klanghelm Reverb TENS

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another reverb????
What's wrong this year!?

Wow.

That's really impressive. I know the AKG BX20 very well. I used to work at a studio that had a BX20 which was amazing and a Master Room reverb which wasn't.

Sounds better than the UA one to my ears.

They really nailed the sound.

Given all the joke threads the other week I straight up thought this was a joke. But no!

Spring Reverb huh? Very interesting. And as usual, the list price is similar to the the discounted price of the nearest comparable products. A bit less even, in this case. Twangström and AudioThing Springs are both on sale for thirtysomething right now. Hmmm...

I listened to the audio demos and it sounds terrible on every instrument. Maybe on guitar it's not bad. Way too prominent, would be a hard task to make it sit right in a mix without making it wishy-washy

Oh damn, im eyeing Klanghelms website for days now, trying to decide wether to get MJUC or SDRR. Thats an interesting suprise!

DCrown wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:01 pm I listened to the audio demos and it sounds terrible on every instrument. Maybe on guitar it's not bad. Way too prominent, would be a hard task to make it sit right in a mix without making it wishy-washy
I had the same first impression, but it turned out I was wrong. I had to change my habitual way of working with reverbs in general and also get to know the controls in order to adjust it to my preferences...I ended up seeing/using TENS more of a plate than a spring. Not saying that's the case for you, just tought it was funny see someone having the exact same first impression that I had.

Well I didn't expect that from Klanghelm. I thought he was doing an EQ? Anyway, the free version sounds very nice so I bought the full version. AT £20 it's a bargain IMO and I'm happy to support Klanghelm as his stuff is always quality.

Immediately annoyed that there's no double click to reset. Hopefully he'll implement that in an update. Will dig into the sounds later.

Vortifex wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:55 pm Immediately annoyed that there's no double click to reset. Hopefully he'll implement that in an update. Will dig into the sounds later.
Alt + left click: reset to default value
Alt + Cmd + Left click: Toggles between a factory

there's more information how it works on various knobs and boxes and so on in the manual.

point taken re. the audio demos too prominent. I wanted to make the character of the reverb audible even on laptop speaker. So chances are I overdid it. Will add some more audio clips soon.

These reverbs can take a lot of space. They have a very bold character. However, there are various controls to tame the beast. Especially lowering the "whoosh" and playing around with the tension will help to drastically lighten the character and will should it easy to fit.

I will better wait for martiu before trying this one.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

El°HYM wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:12 pm I will better wait for martiu before trying this one.
I wonder what he will be saying...

He posted he uses audified linda reverb and likes it, so it will not be easy to impress him

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:29 pm
El°HYM wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:12 pm I will better wait for martiu before trying this one.
... :hug:
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:29 pm
:?

Return to “Effects”