Alphatron VST-Step sequencer-can it be controlled by Ext keyboard or sequencer?

Official support for: hgf-synthesizer.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I have downloaded of few of HG demo Synths which are great and in the near future I will be getting the full versions of some of them. Just started testing Alphatron-free on my system far as sounds and functions.

Question is on the Alphatron-free or the pro. I dont see this in the manual or watching the demo video, can the step sequencer be controlled via my Ext Midi keyboard, sequencer, or external controller far as starting and stopping and selecting different patterns, etc? just curious.

like I said I dont immediately see how to do this if it can or I have missed it somewhere. I Understand the basic operation of the step sequencer using my keyboard mouse.

thank you for any info,

Dave :)

Hello,

I think I just found my own answer to my question.

Just found out there is a way which I can setup controllers or keys on my midi keyboard to start or stop the sequencer or control any knob on Alphatron.

If I "right click" with the mouse on any button or knob on Alphatron, it takes me to a menu that I can "learn" or "unlearn" or "edit" and assign any external controllers or midi key to that knob or button. There is a "edit" also in this menu where I can pick a CC or poly key on/off etc.

Pretty cool Synth. Back to learning more about Alphatron.
I will be buying this Synth in the near future along with others.

Have to try this on the other demos I have downloaded to see if they are the same way.

Take care,

Man, I wish I was a SCI-FI movie director. Allot of the HG synths would make nice background soundscapes.

Tested or played around with most the new demos and there is allot of great styles/sounds to choose from. So in the process of deciding for later this month which to get first which may be Serenity first since I deal with allot of background pad textures for my music.

There was only one VST plugin that none of my DAW's would recognize and that was SWAMP XT-demo. It created a folder with the SEP files, but did not show up as a selection to choose from. All the other HG products have worked great. I have Windows 7 and my main DAW is Mixcraft 5.2. I thought maybe it was an effect, but didnt see it is the list there either.

other than that, Great Synths,

Return to “HG Fortune”