iMini problem and no customer support

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

---Would it do any good to try and get help here?

Worth a shot...but you should post what your problem is. I found that most of the time you need to submit a support ticket thru their main website in order to get any help.

But it certainly should help to post problems here.
Dave

---Thanks but they have multiple reports for me and others that they're ignoring. I gave this site a shot pretty well expecting the same nonreaction...

Hi Scott,
The fact that so far we have not find a solution to your problem does not mean that we are not concerned about it.
We are not able to reproduce your issue so we might have to buy the same MIDI interface.
We will release an update soon and hopefully it will solve it.

More information soon.

Kevin

---Kevin, the problem is not unique to my interface or me. Others have commented about these problems also. I also have a Line 6 Midi Mobilizer 2 and had the same experience so it's not the interface. You guys produced one heck of a synth and it's a real shame that it's not usable via midi.
Aside from the overmodulated noise problem are the developers addressing the load crash problem?
Thanks...

Seems to me that these threads are linked :

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... c&start=30

Kevin [Arturia] wrote:Hi Scott,
The fact that so far we have not find a solution to your problem does not mean that we are not concerned about it.
We are not able to reproduce your issue so we might have to buy the same MIDI interface.
We will release an update soon and hopefully it will solve it.

More information soon.

Kevin
I think we can agree that arturia as a company has not exactly been active in dispensing information related to addressing the problem. However, imini sounds amazing and I really look forward to reliably using it onstage. As a comparison, in the 6 months that my ipad has been used onstage as part of my synth bass rig, nlog pro has not crashed once and has responded to any midi thrown at it, including that by a synthstation 25, which has issues interfacing with many synths. imini is not seen by midibridge either, which I assume goes along with some of the aformentioned midi implementtion that I also assume will become more robust. Midibridge solves a lot of midi issues.

As long as the issues will be addressed then I can wait, even though I am impatient by nature. But it is disconcerting when, as ios customers, we are used to much more personal interaction with developers. It seems that the "Bigger companies," (yes, I know none of you at arturia or IK are giant international monopolies, hence the quotes!) don't quite get this yet, but I am hoping that will also change as it is a cool community with some really innovative and great sounding apps.

With all of that, I am looking forward to imini becoming part of my workflow.

What is the MIDI issue? I don't have iMini yet, but have been interested in using it live. I have a few Mini sounds I have recently started using in my setup on my Yamaha rack, but I am always happy to offload patches/sounds to another device if it makes sense for the song lineup. Switching the sound on the Yamaha cuts off the current sound, so I like to use other options when I can. Plus, having my iPad almost always with me means I can make new sounds or edits at almost any time. I don't always have my Yamaha set up or easily accessible.

Yes, we are working on an update to fix these issues.
It should come soon.

I know that we did not communicate enough with you on these issues and we will try to be more reactive in the future.
I have discussed this with the team and we will do our best to change this on the good way.

Kevin

---Thanks, that's all I wanted was just someone to let us know that they know and care....

Return to “Arturia”