SEM-V Presets Location on Windows?

Official support for: arturia.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fluffy_little_something wrote:Can't the user specify a folder where user patches are to be saved?!? That would be quite ridiculous for a 100-dollar synth. Even some free synths offer flexible patch management. How do you make a backup of patches when you don't even know where they are?

I was thinking of getting SEM as it really sounds nice, but such issues would be a dealbreaker for me...
Yeah, at least it is a step forward compared to the other Arturia synths though in that you can actually see the names of presets on your harddrives and move them between subfolders (provided they are in the user folder over all) - all the others have some very un user friendly database thing (very like XILs synths too) with numbered presets not using real names or probably even locations - which means for all my other Arturia plugins preset management is a total mess (as it is with XILs ones, despite various videos trying to explain it).

There are still some leftovers from the old system though - for example you can save individual presets but can't load them again.

Gee, that sounds nasty. I suppose that is the French mind at work: sloppy, inconsistent and imperfectionist throughout Latin Europe :D

Kevin [Arturia] wrote:Still under testing. :(
It says on your website it was updated on 23rd April.

It would be useful to see a changelog - does it add single preset import for example?

Um, why don't you know? You seem to have SEM yourself :)

I guess I will try the Demo, anyway. Now that I have that stupid eLicenser crap on my PC anyway because of Retrologue, that is not really an issue anymore.

Does Arturia have sales, promotions, etc. as well? Although money is not the issue, I don't really feel like forking out 100 bucks for SEM :P

aMUSEd wrote:
Kevin [Arturia] wrote:Still under testing. :(
It says on your website it was updated on 23rd April.

It would be useful to see a changelog - does it add single preset import for example?
Someone tells me they can't install the update on Vista - have the system requirements changed? That would be very unfair to users who bought it when it worked on Vista. Is there a workaround for Vista users?

On the website it says "Windows: XP/VISTA/SEVEN"

Maybe it has to do with eLicenser...

fluffy_little_something wrote:On the website it says "Windows: XP/VISTA/SEVEN"

Maybe it has to do with eLicenser...
Yeah so I see - but clearly it did work on Vista up till this version. Why change it now? It seems to be the installer that refuses to run so possibly nothing to do with the dongle. Arturia make some good products but as a company I find their actions inexplicable sometimes, I mean what possessed them to release a version for Mac that was incompatible with the Windows version in the first place? And now I have checked and it is still possible to export a single preset but there is no way to import one (just banks). And now this...they need to get their act together better.

Return to “Arturia”