Arturia Xmas Gift Reverb PLATE-140

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

JerGoertz wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:38 pm It's worth noting that both Native Access and Aquarius can be uninstalled while still retaining access to the plugins they installed.

So that's two fewer reasons to bitch this holiday season. :hihi:
I installed Aquarius then install Plate - worked fine, was activated. Then I uninstalled Aquarius and plugin requires activation again - and online activation is not working :(

Inversion Of Control wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:22 am
JerGoertz wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:38 pm It's worth noting that both Native Access and Aquarius can be uninstalled while still retaining access to the plugins they installed.

I installed Aquarius then install Plate - worked fine, was activated. Then I uninstalled Aquarius and plugin requires activation again - and online activation is not working :(
Arturia's License center is what installs Plate, not Aquarius (which is for Acustica Audio).
A well-behaved signature.

Just gave it a quick test against some of the plates in Space Designer - simple interface (looks more authentic and pleasing to the eye), makes it quick to find the right reverb (no faffing about) and does a good job. Probably can be matched with Space Designer but getting to know a simple interface often makes working easier - I like that! Oh... and it does sound good too :)

I don't get the impression it's going to do a 'Cinderella' on us though, and turn back into a demo at midnight on the 31st? Just make sure it's installed and you have your licence...

Thanks Arturia :D

JerGoertz wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:44 am
Inversion Of Control wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:22 am

Arturia's License center is what installs Plate, not Aquarius (which is for Acustica Audio).
Oh right, yeah so unistalled Arturia's License center and Plate stopped working

Izak Synthiemental wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:04 pm
I mean: they manage to get together to develop the MIDI standard, they managed to make VST a common cross-platform plugin standard. It's time to stop bloating the users with redundant "license manager" software and to improve the mechanism. In the meantime, I stick with companies like Klanghelm and Tokyo Dawn Labs who respect their users' privacy and lifetime, instead of forcing them to jump through dozens of hoops for minimum benefit. Think about it: if this wasn't a free plugin, but actually a commercial product you paid 100 bucks for and they still expect you to struggle through all this nonsense just to install the software you paid for! Unbelievable! Who willingly pays for such a guaranteed bad experience?

First off, if there is one standard protection, then that would be a disaster when it finally got cracked wouldn't it? Don't you remember when iLok got hacked? Pretty much every single plugin that used iLok was cracked.

I must have great luck or superior computer skills because none of the installers from Waves, Arturia, Native Instruments, Acustica Audio, iLok, etc. have I ever found to be a struggle or a hassle. Nor has it taken more than a few minutes to download, install and log in. Just what is it about these schemes that you and others find so difficult?

JJ_Jettflow wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:36 am I must have great luck or superior computer skills because none of the installers from Waves, Arturia, Native Instruments, Acustica Audio, iLok, etc. have I ever found to be a struggle or a hassle. Nor has it taken more than a few minutes to download, install and log in. Just what is it about these schemes that you and others find so difficult?
Ditto.

Hemmick Reef wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:47 am I don't get the impression it's going to do a 'Cinderella' on us though, and turn back into a demo at midnight on the 31st? Just make sure it's installed and you have your licence...
Yep - It's only going to turn into a paid-for plugin if you've not associated the license with your username before the end of the year. You can uninstall it and reinstall it as many times as you like next year (if you're that way inclined!) and it'll still work fine (and for free) - you just need to register it to your account by the 31st..

A big thanks to Arturia!
This is a very nice plugin.
I got it up and running in a matter of minutes (I guess I successfully waited out all of the server drama).

I really loved the little Welcome Tutorial walkthrough. I hope more developers implement stuff like that. It may seem unnecessary for such a basic and obvious plugin but it's great to learn little things like the fact that the drive knob has volume compensation, without ever having to open up the manual.

Again, thanks Arturia. This thing sounds great!

Very nice plugin ! Thanks, arturia. Can't wait to see what "3 reverbs you'll actually use " have in store !

JJ_Jettflow wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:36 am
First off, if there is one standard protection, then that would be a disaster when it finally got cracked wouldn't it? Don't you remember when iLok got hacked? Pretty much every single plugin that used iLok was cracked.

I must have great luck or superior computer skills because none of the installers from Waves, Arturia, Native Instruments, Acustica Audio, iLok, etc. have I ever found to be a struggle or a hassle. Nor has it taken more than a few minutes to download, install and log in. Just what is it about these schemes that you and others find so difficult?
This is not really about "computer skills" - I have to disappoint you here! It's mainly about not wanting to clog up your directory and drives with redundant bloatware. Each of these "license managers" do the same, but you need multiple of them for the same job. It's like being forced to intall 12 word processors, even though the task you want to accomplish (editing a text document X installing and authorizing a audio plugin) would pragamtically only require one such application!

In fact, copy protection and authorization processes do not require any additional application at all. This can all be handled within the plugin via direct online activation or unique offline activation via machine ID and serial file creation. There are many well respected and renown plugin companies doing it this way. Even the Plugin Alliance guys have managed to get this done properly!

If you feel happy and "superior" spending countless hours just to install redundant bloatware, good for you. As the user it's not on me to worry about whether the copy protection scheme of company X could under certain circumstances be cracked or not. Those companies have to take care of this part. My worry is user friendliness and the straight-forwardness of the process between purchasing the plugin and using it. Does this process take 3 minutes (eg buying, downloading, installing) or 60 minute (buying, trying to download but the servers are overburdened, trying again, nothing happens, again - okay I can log in, but I have to download "license manager", download again not working because of server etcetera). Your job as the user: to incentivize user friendly business practices, by staying away from companies who steal your valuable time and bloat your hardware with redundant, semi-functional, unwelcome additional software that doesn't add anything of value to you! If you keep arguing from an imaginary company CEO perspective, you will not really understand user concerns!

JJ_Jettflow wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:36 am First off, if there is one standard protection, then that would be a disaster when it finally got cracked wouldn't it? Don't you remember when iLok got hacked? Pretty much every single plugin that used iLok was cracked.
Not only that but if this protection fails, then all your eggs are in one basket. During the iLokalypse people were actually let go because studios could not make money. That's why I would never want to depend on a single licenser / software center.

JJ_Jettflow wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:36 am I must have great luck or superior computer skills because none of the installers from Waves, Arturia, Native Instruments, Acustica Audio, iLok, etc. have I ever found to be a struggle or a hassle. Nor has it taken more than a few minutes to download, install and log in. Just what is it about these schemes that you and others find so difficult?
It depends. I have had to deal with plenty of problems with iLok, somewhat less with eLicenser. Never had a problem with Native Access or Waves Central.

The problem I have is that some of the license managers are absolute garbage when it comes to usability. I also like to keep my system as clean as possible so I'm not a fan of installing all kind of useless crap on my system. I'm not keen on installing a 300mb software/license manager just for one or two plugins that are usually 10x smaller than that.

In some cases the license manager makes sense - like in the case of Waves or NI - they have hundreds of products. It somewhat makes sense in the case of IK. In some cases it does not make sense at all. A good example is Flux Audio. They just don't have that many plugins to warrant a separate software center.

(As a side note, people whining about Waves Central should take a look at Flux Central - this must legitimately be the worst software manager ever conceived. Once tried to install one of their freebies and I have never seen a worst piece of garbage. Obviously never even got round to installing any plugins after looking at system requirements and trying to run it.)
No signature here!

Man, the preamp drive on this thing is sweet and it seperate from the reverb section too. Getting some beautiful sounds from this reverb.

This is a fun plugin and nice freebie! Is there a way to lock Mix control? Haven't found in GUI or manual.

sounds great and is fun to use. thanks arturia!

Izak Synthiemental wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:19 pm
JJ_Jettflow wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:36 am

If you feel happy and "superior" spending countless hours just to install redundant bloatware, good for you.
First of all, I never said I "felt" superior. I said I must have superior computer skills seeing all the trouble everyone seems to be having with straightforward software installations...especially griping about it over a gift no less.

But happy? I sure am. Compared to what I used to have to go through to get my gear, deleting some bloatware and enjoying a coffee while I download software is a treat. That sure beats working overtime in a dirty, noisy machine shop for 6 months so I could afford a Minimoog.

And it's funny how you seem to value your time. You are upset with the amount of time taken from you to download and install this free software, given to you as a gift, but then you come on here and waste just as much time if not more, complaining about it.

Return to “Effects”