Step duration , cirklon method replication

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In architect we can set the step duration longer or faster with the divide/multiply row
In the cirklon we can achieve the same behaviour but there we change the global pattern speed which can be on per step basis also using aux rows
For fun I re-created this in architect , so the aux row is triggering a get element ( which has an array of durations ) and then send to the sequencer duration input .
My question is , is the divide /mulitply ( in the sequencer ) using the same method under the hood ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

More or less the same, but the key difference is that duration, and any other parameters that affect a step's length are processed *before* the step is, and hence before the aux value is output. The value you read from [get element] will hence effect the *following* step, not the current one.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Some wise person, please make a Cirklon emulation in Architect.

gentleclockdivider is probably the one to ask as he's the master of both!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Ohh no , I am not an architect master and most def. not a cirklon master
I've only have it for a month now , you really can't compare them .
Cirklon is amazing , so is architect , they are both 'crème de la crème' of hard-soft sequencers
Fun fact , the developer of the cirklon is also called Colin
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Loomer”