No free presets with SM2 v1.0.5 update on iOS

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I have just updated Synthmaster 2 to v1.0.5 and got ready to try out the new free presets by Selcuk Ergen that were supposed to be included in the update, but where are they? I have restored purchases and rebooted everything but still no presets! Hopefully there is a simple solution.
Also, I hope the parameter Midi Learn function works properly with this update, too early to tell yet…..keeping my fingers crossed.

I have just discovered that restoring my Purchases in Browser/Store to find the free 50 presets has now completely removed ALL of my 29 Preset Banks in Settings/Manage Presets!! I now have the long painstaking task of re-assigning all previously saved banks and then re-name them all - they are all named Factory Presets otherwise!

Ok, I have finally found the free 50 presets by tapping preset window/Load Preset/Download Bonus/Desktop Factory Presets :hyper: but in doing so my stored preset banks have disappeared again, why is this always a problem every time I either purchase new presets or tapping Restore Purchases?
Since updating SM2, Cubasis3 now takes ages to open and when it does this message is displayed briefly “Synthmaster 2 Loading Error”, (I am only using four instances of SM2 and one SM1). Also several times after opening SM2 to select a preset, the “x” at top right of the screen has disappeared a few times and the only way to close it is by closing Cubasis completely and re-launching it! :(

No No No No…….. I can’t believe it, downloading these 50 new FACTORY PRESETS caused 20 of my 29 banks to loose presets, resulting in having to delete and re-assign every single bank (except for purchased packs). But…..here is the real problem, my banks are assigned in instrument categories ie- Bass, Pad etc, but they are ALL factory presets, and those new 50 factory presets have now slotted in to their respective instrument types, rearranging ALL my Program Change numbers.
ALL, I REPEAT, ALL my Cubasis3 projects now play all the wrong instruments on every track that uses SM2!!!!
As good as Synthmaster 2 sounds, I give up struggling with it.

Ok, I’ve decided to have another go at sorting this preset problem, but after spending 5 hours today renaming and saving the 50 free Selcuk Ergen presets to a new bank and then exporting to Files, then searching through all my 20 assigned instrument type banks and deleting any Selcuk Ergen (SE) presets that I find by going into Browser/Settings/Manage Presets, selecting a particular bank, selecting a SE preset, delete and then press update, the most annoying thing about this is these presets are automatically duplicated and assigned to virtually all instrument types in Attributes! Closing and re-opening Manage Presets shows those offending presets are still there😡. My 9 purchased banks were not affected in anyway. I have tried deleting the 50 free presets from SM2 altogether in the hope I can re-assign all my 20 banks back to normal, but it can’t be done, I’m stuck with this mess!
I have created 15 completed Cubasis3 projects over many 10s of hours that use many instances of SM2 in each project, each separate SM2 track contain many program changes, I haven’t a hell in chance in sorting all the NOW wrong program change numbers.
If only SM2 user Midi Banks did not automatically self deleted every time a new preset pack was downloaded, resulting in having to reassign these deleted banks, then this problem would not occur.
My rant is real, I have lost many hours trying to sort out many SM2 issues. With no user manual - everything is virtually left to guess work!
Happy New Year.

multicube wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:15 pm Ok, I’ve decided to have another go at sorting this preset problem, but after spending 5 hours today renaming and saving the 50 free Selcuk Ergen presets to a new bank and then exporting to Files, then searching through all my 20 assigned instrument type banks and deleting any Selcuk Ergen (SE) presets that I find by going into Browser/Settings/Manage Presets, selecting a particular bank, selecting a SE preset, delete and then press update, the most annoying thing about this is these presets are automatically duplicated and assigned to virtually all instrument types in Attributes! Closing and re-opening Manage Presets shows those offending presets are still there😡. My 9 purchased banks were not affected in anyway. I have tried deleting the 50 free presets from SM2 altogether in the hope I can re-assign all my 20 banks back to normal, but it can’t be done, I’m stuck with this mess!
I have created 15 completed Cubasis3 projects over many 10s of hours that use many instances of SM2 in each project, each separate SM2 track contain many program changes, I haven’t a hell in chance in sorting all the NOW wrong program change numbers.
If only SM2 user Midi Banks did not automatically self deleted every time a new preset pack was downloaded, resulting in having to reassign these deleted banks, then this problem would not occur.
My rant is real, I have lost many hours trying to sort out many SM2 issues. With no user manual - everything is virtually left to guess work!
Happy New Year.
Hi Multicube,

Sorry for the issue. I am sending this to Bulent and we will back to you as soon as possible.

All the best
Gercek

Return to “KV331 Audio”