Optimizing the usage of Midi files in Fyler

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would like to make some suggestions how Fyler could be optimised to make the most of midi files.

I would love to have a Song Position Line in the Content Column which in can adjust to directly jump to a certain position of a midi file. Some tracks may start at songposition 2:00 or later so currently i have to wait 2 minutes to hear those. I would suggest that playback starts at mouseposition. There could also be a time display showing the exact song position.

It´s a great feature to mute tracks in midifiles and to drag only the unmuted tracks. But it also would be nice if i could additionally select a time area. So that only midi events of that area (and that track) would be affected/dragged. At the moment i get either also unwanted midi content or a lot of empty bars. Similar to suggestion one.

At the moment the midiplayer in the column "Content" is able to play more than one midifile at the same time. This is a bit confusing. Sometimes i want to listen to a new file but playback is still running. I have to scroll back and search for the file (blue triangle) which is already running . I suggest that starting the playback of a file does stop the older playback.

Thanks for considering.
Alexander

Hi Alexander,

thanks for the feedback! These will be addressed in the next update.

Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
Summer Sale - 40% off - June 3-18

Hi Attila - just taking a look at the release notes for v1.0.6 uploaded yesterday. Despite what you say in your response above, I don't see any of the suggestions from @Alexxis included there yet..?

Maybe too big a task for now.? However, I must say, many thanks for your continued attention/hard work.!

Will be d/loading later this weekend, to try out. :)
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

Right, but v1.0.6 was just a maintenance update with bug fixes, new features will come in v1.1.
I found a stability issue which caused random crashes, this was fixed, so I expect Fyler is going to be solid from now.

Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
Summer Sale - 40% off - June 3-18

Return to “MusicDevelopments”