MuLab 9.5.34

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

since upgrading from 9.5.29 to 9.5.30 beta all over my Softube VST2 plugins have stopped loading. Here is the box message I get when trying to load a Softube plugin into a rack:
VST plugin instance created ok
Dirty Tape (Softube) - Lo-Fi VST version 2400
Dirty Tape (Softube) - Lo-Fi plugin version 1= 1
Gonna init VST plugin
Exception while initializing aeffect stuff for Dirty Tape (Softube) - Lo-Fi
(and at the bottom of this message i get an "ok" click box, that once i click it, the plugin disappears from the rack i placed it in)

This was for the "Dirty Tape" VST2, I receive the same for each and every Softube plugin.
This did not happen on previous beta versions & I've been keeping up w/ the downlaods even though they have been coming fast and furious.

jimhopf wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:00 pm since upgrading from 9.5.29 to 9.5.30 beta all over my Softube VST2 plugins have stopped loading.
I don't have the "Dirty Tape" but I just tested "Tape" vst2 by Softube and it works for me in MuLab 9.5.30 on my Windows system.

i have 6 Softube plugins (Dirty Tape, Drawmer S73, Saturation Knob, TSAR-1R, Tube Delay & VCA Compressor) Only VCA Compressor is working and not getting the info box I posted above. They all were updated by softube central on 4/9 to version 2.5.82. Even uninstalling & reinstalling them is not helping. I ran all 5 of the non-working VST's in programs like Nektarine, MPC Beats & VIP (Akai multi instrument creator) and they all worked in each of those programs, but not Mulab 9.5.30.
Last edited by jimhopf on Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FYI: Nothing really changed wrt VST2 / VST3 plugins between M9.5.29 and M9.5.30.

I remember that Softube plugins have issues in their VST2 versions.
This has been forwarded to Softube.
Best to use their VST3 versions.

MuLab App M9.5.31 beta for Windows 64 bit is available on https://www.mutools.com/mulab/app/lates ... /beta.html

MuLab Plugin M9.5.31 beta for Windows 64 bit is available on https://www.mutools.com/mulab/plugin/la ... /beta.html

What's changed:
  • Audio sequence clips with mixed mono/stereo content were not drawn right. Fixed.
    Even more, such clips now also reflect each audio event's gain and pan.
  • Audio sequence editor: Refined the lane header looks a bit.
  • Other small improvements.

jimhopf wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:52 pm i have 6 Softube plugins (Dirty Tape, Drawmer S73, Saturation Knob, TSAR-1R, Tube Delay & VCA Compressor) Only VCA Compressor is working and not getting the info box I posted above. They all were updated by softube central on 4/9 to version 2.5.82. Even uninstalling & reinstalling them is not helping. I ran all 5 of the non-working VST's in programs like Nektarine, MPC Beats & VIP (Akai multi instrument creator) and they all worked in each of those programs, but not Mulab 9.5.30.
I've got Saturation Knob that came with Studio One and it works with Studio One only (no VST) so can't test it, but Dramwer S73 (ver 2.5.82) VST2 works for me.
---
Drawmer s73.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thanks robert. wish it worked for me as well. i love drawmer. i contacted them in hopes of getting the vst3's. we'll see.

mutools wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:25 pm
FabBad wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:20 pm On that I noticed that 1. there's not way to split samples without the snap to zero crossing.
Yes, i tried turning off the grid snapping on its local and project ones.
When the Audio Sequence Editor uses a grid then splits are made on that grid, and thus there is no snap to zero-crossing.
When the Audio Sequence Editor does not use a grid then splits are made on the mouse location but snapped to the closest zero-crossing, if that is max 1 ms away.
This uses snap to zero always if the length is less than 1ms?, if so I don't see the point to split very small chunks if the tool doesn't allows me, is annoying that doing this shifts the other part of the sample cause it messes the syncs that it has with another samples.

If you want to have even more control over where a sample event starts/ends, open the audio editor and put markers at those exact sample points, and use these markers in the Audio Sequence Editor.
Nice tip :)
I'm gonna try this when came back to my bunker :phones:

And What about the numbers of undo levels, is too few.

Currently that is 24 steps and 8 MB data. It's on the wishlist to make that 2 preferences and with higher defaults.

What a pleasant surprise for Audio Sequence gain and pan reflecting on the waveform! Hopefully we can see this for audio streams as well soon :)

On the topic of audio sequences, I notice for racks and audio streams, it is possible to adjust the stereo panning. However, for events in audio sequences, the Stereo Pan knob actually adjusts the levels of the left or right channels, so it's actually a stereo balance knob, but it still gets the label of Stereo Pan like racks and streams. Is this intended?
I make chunes and such!

You're right, it should do panning instead of balancing. Taken note on the wishlist.

Also MuLab App M9.5.31 beta for Mac and Windows 32 bit are available on https://www.mutools.com/mulab/app/lates ... /beta.html

Also MuLab Plugin M9.5.31 beta for Mac and Windows 32 bit are available on https://www.mutools.com/mulab/plugin/la ... /beta.html

So all MuLab beta versions are up to date.

robert_p wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:13 pm I've got Saturation Knob that came with Studio One and it works with Studio One only (no VST) so can't test it
Saturation Knob (in AU/VST formats) is free: https://www.softube.com/saturationknob

Mmm, I was just thinking. The new front page on launch is very nice. It would be _really_ handy to get into settings (Audio, Midi, even all the other "Mulab" menu items) without actually starting a project.

Return to “MUTOOLS”