v13.0.40 Beta Available -- This one's going to blow your minds!

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi - I can now reliably duplicate the freezing on Ubuntu with my monitors set at 144Hz. At 60Hz the problem is not there. To duplicate it I open a big project, hit play, then open as many plugin windows as possible. The more I open, the less responsive Waveform gets to the point where it appears to freeze. If I then fly out to the Gnome overview (i.e. clicking at the top left corner of the screen) then the preview of Waveform can be seen fully animated (i.e. it is still working). Go back to normal display and it freezes again.

This is with the software render enabled. I have captured a video - will try to get it to Figbug.
Ryzen 5 8600G, 32GB DDR5, Ubuntu 24.04 LTS, Waveform Pro 13, Mixbus Pro 10, Reaper 7, Bitwig 5.1.

VST's with large sample sets cause slow load times and random glitches, I find - but that's on a laptop with 4 Gig. I can be playing piano, and it just freezes for several seconds if I hit a different range of keys B-). Windows updates happening make me think I should disable networking if doing anything important.
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Peter Widdicombe wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:43 pm VST's with large sample sets cause slow load times and random glitches, I find - but that's on a laptop with 4 Gig. I can be playing piano, and it just freezes for several seconds if I hit a different range of keys B-). Windows updates happening make me think I should disable networking if doing anything important.
It's not a problem to have a piano as big as 6 Gigs or more. How it could fit into your 4 Gigs RAM with the system, DAW, plugins and samples at once? ;-)
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

Yeah, I know it doesn't hold all samples in memory at once - but it is annoying when you hit a different range on the keyboard, and it freezes until that content/sample is loaded. Even occasionally on Keyzone classic which is about 600 Meg.
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Peter Widdicombe wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:12 pm Yeah, I know it doesn't hold all samples in memory at once - but it is annoying when you hit a different range on the keyboard, and it freezes until that content/sample is loaded. Even occasionally on Keyzone classic which is about 600 Meg.
I tried it, but for me everything plays perfectly without lag and freezes, the problem is in your computer, settings, drivers may conflict
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

Tried Software renderer instead of open gl, still getting some freezes. It's happened a few times now when I'm splitting audio clips and resizing or dragging the waveform inside the clip to find a good hit or sample (Arranger view). Checked task manager this last time and while Waveform was not responsive (but still playing the edit continuously) the ram in use was steadily climbing. Only option is to end task. It happened when I tried out the clip launcher too (I don't really use it much) but it was the same situation I think, dragging the waveform inside the clip in arranger view while it was simultaneously loaded in the clip launcher. Still not enough information to submit a bug report though.

Also if I double click a track to expand it, when I double click again to shrink it back to normal a lot of the other clips disappear from view until there's some other input like scroll or play/stop, and then they all reappear instantly. Bit strange, but harmless.

Return to “Tracktion”