"CURL" web connection issues on some computers

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

> Is it possible that Win 7 is just too old at this point?

Could be. First shipped when? Last patch by microsoft was when? The certificate at the root of your cert chain was issued when?
You can do your own homework ;-)

But like I said, that can be fixed by putting the public key of the CA root cert in your plugin, and give that somehow to curl to be trusted.

But ultimately you want to see the verbose output, so you know a bit more than "SSL handshake failed"
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:30 am > Is it possible that Win 7 is just too old at this point?

Could be. First shipped when? Last patch by microsoft was when? The certificate at the root of your cert chain was issued when?
You can do your own homework ;-)
But ultimately you want to see the verbose output, so you know a bit more than "SSL handshake failed"
The issue is on a customer's computer so I can't do all the fault isolating (connection checking, verbose output, etc.) that you suggest and is required. I have already asked him for much of this information but he is starting to get annoyed so I stopped. It works HERE but I have limit info on what I'm dealing with on his end.

BTW - I did some testing this morning and confirmed that my code works perfectly on Win 10, Mac OS x86 and early M1 but not on OS Sonoma. It seems they broke something with libcurl in OS Sonoma and, as of the latest version 14.1.1, is still broken. I reported it to Apple and posted this thread about it viewtopic.php?t=607631 that I will re-visit.

This particular case involves an older Win 7 system so it seems I'm fighting OS compatibility issues. Google is full of similar complaints but no clear cut solutions - too many variables it seems.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”