UVI Shade - no users, no further development?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I couldn't find a thread about UVI shade here, so I am opening this one to discuss this EQ plugin. I really wonder why there is no further development here since a long time. I also reported some bugs a long time ago, but most never were fixed, or then simply functionality disabled.

Really like this EQ, this is currently my go-to EQ, seems to have the best UX, and also can do a lot of filter effects at the same time.

Do you think this plugin has a future at all? UVI/Image-Line seem not to be interested in this at all anymore.

It also could be easily improved, for example:

- Adding a full, non-crashing undo history just like Pro-Q, saved with the preset data to the daw
- Linear phase mode, or even combined ones (higher frequenices linear phase, lower ones zero latency)
- Instead of a left/right/side/mid switch, it could be a knob for fading from one pole to another
- I think the dynamics/follower module could be heavily improved, making it more easy to setup and being more precise. Also giving a hp/lp filter to setting up a detector range.
- The mix button could be on the very left instead right, so it's much more easy to reach.

What's your thoughts about this plugin? Do you use it regularly like me?
Last edited by Hanz Meyzer on Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I did some presets exclusively focused on huge and slow stereo phase effects for bus or master chain, ... second to none IMO on that only respect !

:clap: :tu:

imagine the view of a large landscape as being slightly distorted by moving hollows and bumps still synced to the host tempo, that are thing than be achieved on the master track as discreet effect by this plugin better than any others , me thinks

I use it often at this...

I agree with the fact that it deserves some further developments

definitely +1

i kinda think this is even in some regards better than Fabfilter Volcano sadly, i think it has some more modes/options, i hope Fabfilter will add as i prefer non-ilok and fabfiler.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

+1,
i use it !

but only for some specific more special things.
For example, I like to use it incorporated within more complex "multi plugin morph controls" as a morph capable EQ which allows for overall gainadjustment on a "Gain, be your own EQ-node" basis.
Also when used alone on it´s own, it has allways some morphing CC controls going on.
One knob adjustments vs. quite complex -mostly "funky"- things.
That´s where Shade shines for me ! imho, No competition vs. these, my, tasks.

As a main EQ ? no
But it´s overall a VERY interesting plugin !
very underrated it seems.
Super useful for creative and funky stuff ! Love it !

its probably the only thing from UVI i really use.

It's indeed funky and a very creative plugin, only the iLok crackles are annoying

I use it as well, for special and strange effects. Would love to see it get some further development for sure. Krakatau, if you're willing to share your huge and slow phase effect presets, I'd love to have a look/listen! Understand if it's proprietary, though...we all have our secret sauces...

DCrown wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:19 am It's indeed funky and a very creative plugin, only the iLok crackles are annoying
iLok crackles?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

tonycore wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:43 am I use it as well, for special and strange effects. Would love to see it get some further development for sure. Krakatau, if you're willing to share your huge and slow phase effect presets, I'd love to have a look/listen! Understand if it's proprietary, though...we all have our secret sauces...
don't worry...

see the attached file

if you're into ambient music, insert it on the master track, then tweak the mix knob to induce a desirable touch of the effet... that would remind phase distorded sounds, carried away by the wind
Krakatau.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SLiC wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:02 am
DCrown wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:19 am It's indeed funky and a very creative plugin, only the iLok crackles are annoying
iLok crackles?
Old dongle causes crackles.
No kidding, I refer to the ones who
complain about plugins with iLok,
these complaints cause crackles

I use it all the time. Perfect for creating movement and for edits and such. I don't use it as a normal eq. It can also be very useful as a transient/envelope designer, and even as bass enhancer.

And afaik it was updated quite a few times, including better detection settings (top menu).

Never have any issues with it either. So no complaints here, other than that i would love to see it implemented inside Falcon.
More BPM please

I use it a lot. I would like to see improved MSEG GUI. Does anybody recall other UVI effects being upgraded to a new version?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Krakatau wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:03 pm
tonycore wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:43 am I use it as well, for special and strange effects. Would love to see it get some further development for sure. Krakatau, if you're willing to share your huge and slow phase effect presets, I'd love to have a look/listen! Understand if it's proprietary, though...we all have our secret sauces...
don't worry...

see the attached file

if you're into ambient music, insert it on the master track, then tweak the mix knob to induce a desirable touch of the effet... that would remind phase distorded sounds, carried away by the wind

Krakatau.zip
Thank you!

Hm, no statement by neither uvi nor imageline… i guess this plugin is dead then.

It's a shame they never added a parallel mode to this. They were talking about considering it but I guess it just never happened.

Return to “Effects”