Harmony Bloom by Mario Nieto (MIDI plugin)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Harmony Bloom

Feeding Harmony Bloom into various Bitwig note devices can definitely have some neat results. Arpeggiators work well to kind of unify the notes HB generates into something a little more time-locked while still adding variety over time.

I also like adding step modulators to HB's parameters, increasing the number of notes or turning on additional trigger bars or jumping octaves for instance. I set up a patch this morning that does that, and then goes into Note Repeats in Euclidean mode for some really nice patterns...

Luna lacks both input quantization and the ability to chain multiple MIDI FX.

I've had some success with bleass arpeggiator. It has some nice polyphony options.

jonnybueno wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:23 pm I've had some success with bleass arpeggiator. It has some nice polyphony options.
How does this relate to Harmony Bloom? Are you using both in tandem?

MelloProg wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:04 pm
jonnybueno wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:23 pm I've had some success with bleass arpeggiator. It has some nice polyphony options.
How does this relate to Harmony Bloom? Are you using both in tandem?
Yeah, harmony bloom into arpeggiator into instrument

jonnybueno wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:12 pm Yeah, harmony bloom into arpeggiator into instrument
Sounds intriguing. I would love to see something like this in action, curious to know what this will do...

I haven't tried it yet, but it occurs to me that one instance of HB (running slower, to choose notes) feeding serially into another instance of HB (running faster, to arpeggiate and organize them) could also be worth trying...

Turns out putting two instances of HB serially isn't quite as fun as I'd hoped. But I just updated to 1.2.7 this morning and am having fun with the feature that lets you assign different MIDI channels to each trigger bar... combined with the Instrument Layer in Bitwig, I find it really effective to have some of them panned and quieter/slightly different timbres. Works really well for simple synths like Bitwig Organ (since there are going to be a lot of layers of notes anyway).

Quantize is coming and it sounds lovely:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwh6awzuB50

Uncle E wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:11 pm Quantize is coming and it sounds lovely:

Phenomenal.

I hope Mario gets nominated for developer of the year.

He'd win it in a landslide.

Agreed. We have a plug-in masterpiece on our hand's. I start messing with it & before I know it the whole evening has gone by. That’s a rare thing
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

kraster wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:51 pm
Uncle E wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:11 pm Quantize is coming and it sounds lovely:

Phenomenal.

I hope Mario gets nominated for developer of the year.

He'd win it in a landslide.
If this was the KVR Developer Challenge, Mario would have my vote for sure.

--
Marco

Now that... looks fkn awesome!

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but hopefully someone can tell me if there's a demo for this software?

I seem to be having some backwards compatibility issues with previous versions. Hard to say which version as they've come along so quickly, but I'm loading up old presets & projects where the parameters are messed up. The probability is set to zero, the velocity is set to zero & the octave setting is wrong, usual dropped down an octave or two. It's baffled me for some time why my synths weren't playing or sounding different from where I left them, but HB seems to be the culprit. Anyone else getting this?
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

Return to “Instruments”