ASR10 Users unite

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I couldn't find a general thread on the ASR and most other forums concerning this magic piece are long gone.

In this thread we share, tips, tricks, workflows and other nifty things you learned.
I'll start: to stop all voices playing ( sometimes the midi off is buggy) you can click on fx, then click on cancel or enter and it should stop playing all midi.

JJRICH wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:41 pm So I couldn't find a general thread on the ASR
Not that surprising, TBH. You may not have realised, but KVR is mostly a software-oriented forum. Indications are that where the ASR-10 gets mentioned, its as something people used to have, not that they're currently using. And the relatively small number of hardware users here tend to congregate in the Hardware forum.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:20 pm
JJRICH wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:41 pm So I couldn't find a general thread on the ASR
Not that surprising, TBH. You may not have realised, but KVR is mostly a software-oriented forum. Indications are that where the ASR-10 gets mentioned, its as something people used to have, not that they're currently using. And the relatively small number of hardware users here tend to congregate in the Hardware forum.
Oh, should I have made this thread in the hardware forum specifically? Maybe I can ask a mod to move it.

I dont see a lot of threads in sampling forum talking about hardware samplers, so yeah, feels like it might be a better bet there... not saying its offtopic here, just perhaps not the best audience?

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:30 pm I dont see a lot of threads in sampling forum talking about hardware samplers, so yeah, feels like it might be a better bet there... not saying its offtopic here, just perhaps not the best audience?
Gotcha. Any way to contact the mods to move this? I'm new here....

One possible way would be to report your thread, using the ! button.

It has been moved to the hardware section.

Anyone have experience with this beast?

I played with them a lot back in the day when they were being made. I really wanted one bad! They were such a wonderful machine! The key bed had a great feel, and the effects and such were really great! My only complaint these days would be that the size of the samples that can be installed and used is quite limited by modern standards. However, if that isn't a problem, the ASR-10 is one of the best there is.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Had an EPS16+ for a few years, but not its follow up.

Still got some discs somewhere...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”