2024: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2024)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elxsound wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:57 pm
information!!!!
im thinking 4 prsspnt and leave the channel saver for now.
i said when i first used the 0ctrl, i wanted something like 4 of the pressure function, so thats a certainty.

vurt wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:58 pm
information!!!!
i said when i first used the 0ctrl, i wanted something like 4 of the pressure function, so thats a certainty.
It’s likely because I’m working that I can’t wrap my head around why I want that when I have 0-Coast. I get they removed the pitch control and now it’s 4 simultaneous ways to interact with CV out depending on “pressure” which is not real pressure, but finger spread, right?

elxsound wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:07 pm
information!!!!
It’s likely because I’m working that I can’t wrap my head around why I want that when I have 0-Coast. I get they removed the pitch control and now it’s 4 simultaneous ways to interact with CV out depending on “pressure” which is not real pressure, but finger spread, right?
for non trigger stuff, yeah it works by the more of the plate you touch, the higher/lower the cv will be.

i want it, because i like the idea of having 4 touch triggers next to each other, where the 0trl only has one of course, for some of the modules like brinta or endless processor, to be able to switch them on and off from a localised area, using the half skiff for am upwards facing control skiff, with these and rene, couple of other touchable bits.
thats the dream anyway :lol:

vurt wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:13 pm
elxsound wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:07 pm
information!!!!
for non trigger stuff, yeah it works by the more of the plate you touch, the higher/lower the cv will be.

i want it, because i like the idea of having 4 touch triggers next to each other, where the 0trl only has one of course, for some of the modules like brinta or endless processor, to be able to switch them on and off from a localised area, using the half skiff for am upwards facing control skiff, with these and rene, couple of other touchable bits.
thats the dream anyway :lol:
And thanks for knowing I meant 0-Ctrl and not 0-Coast.

Almost done today but this place makes my brain into mush each and everyday.

I think I need to see it in action. I’m more and more trying to approach using modular like a performance especially with Bella Gliss (on the dual record setting only).

I’m not there yet, but I think I’ll be better off once I get there.

speaking of 0 coast, there is a nice "short" on the youtube channel.
nice little patch.

yeah, performance is the goal here, even if its only for youtube.
playing guitar for example, can be a pain when you need to hunt out tiny buttons, to trigger an effect.
having a nice decent sized plate to hit, makes things easier :hihi:

dont think theres any hurry on ordering, unless you (the royal you) are after a first batch urgently!!
i havent even looked how much they are yet, no rush. especially as i have to work out whats getting the boot from the rack :lol:

elxsound wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:37 pm I’m not there yet, but I think I’ll be better off once I get there.
me neither, but im having plenty of fun on the journey :D

I do sometimes find myself wishing 0-Ctrl had independent pressure outputs for each "key", to play it like a Lyra-8. That's probably why I blurted out "I want 8 of them" during the video premier :D

4 is a lot more reasonable. But I figure I can already do this with an MPE keyboard and either a Bitwig Grid patch or a Univer Inter config. (And then... why don't I just use a normal MPE polysynth for that? :hihi:)

The latching gates is cool too, but I have a MIDI foot controller with 4 switches and optional latching. Or I could also do it with the same Grid patch or UI config.

Oh, my Ana 2 arrived Friday and I played with it a bit (though I've been concentrating on Dawsome Myth and a deep dive into Akemie's Castle). Got some really crazy stuff out of it with feedback patching, especially with DAPF or Mimeophon in the feedback loop. :D

vurt wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:48 pm speaking of 0 coast, there is a nice "short" on the youtube channel.
nice little patch.

yeah, performance is the goal here, even if its only for youtube.
playing guitar for example, can be a pain when you need to hunt out tiny buttons, to trigger an effect.
having a nice decent sized plate to hit, makes things easier :hihi:

dont think theres any hurry on ordering, unless you (the royal you) are after a first batch urgently!!
i havent even looked how much they are yet, no rush. especially as i have to work out whats getting the boot from the rack :lol:
You and Foosnark (with his 8 :hihi: ) will love the price. Both new modules are less than $100. Not sure what they’ll ask for in pounds, but I’m guessing 4 (or 8 ) will still be relatively affordable.

When I had 2x Pressure Points+Brains, I frequently used them for the per-channel gate and pressure outputs. It's a great idea to have a single channel with built in slew and independent latching and momentary gate outs. I'd use something like that as something akin to pitch benders.
Not for me but cool none the less. These days, I tend to want my controllers to be outside of the modular, away from the cable mess.

justin3am wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:31 pm These days, I tend to want my controllers to be outside of the modular, away from the cable mess.
thats why id want them in the half sized case, face up. can place that on the desk like a keyboard with wires at the rear. :)

elxsound wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:17 pm
You and Foosnark (with his 8 :hihi: ) will love the price. Both new modules are less than $100. Not sure what they’ll ask for in pounds, but I’m guessing 4 (or 8 ) will still be relatively affordable.
99 for channelsaver and 89 for pressure, i gave in and ordered 2 press and 1 cs, will give up telharmonic for now i think.

Uh-oh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXp8bBwWPGk

I love my Akemie's Castle to bits, and I don't think I would be happy giving it up for this. Or would I?

I could also make an 18HP hole a few other ways. But, geez, I have Shapeshifter, Odessa, Spectraphon, and an armload of smaller but also excellent VCOs already. Plus software modular/softsynths. ::twitches::

Couple things I don't like: knobs becoming attenuverters (FM index wants offsets!). TRS output jack for stereo, requiring an annoying splitter to interface with literally anything else. But... the sound! :o

:tu: ^^^ The 'sound' 8) indeed!!!
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

the child in me keeps pointing out ive ordered nothing but utility modules

"that's like not getting pudding with your dinner grrr" :lol:

vurt wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:27 pm the child in me keeps pointing out ive ordered nothing but utility modules

"that's like not getting pudding with your dinner grrr" :lol:
Performance tools!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”