Some MIDI notes not being played back

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waveform Free

Yeah, if you edit the settings and go into the PAD option, then click on the instrument pad, you see underneath group, where it has ADSR enabled. Turn it off, and that pad then plays its full sample to completion, even on a short burst.

Probably doesn't work well for cymbals... or any drum that tends to ring. But you'd be basically telling it to play the whole sample for those selected pads when activated. ADSR (default) tells it to follow the ADSR curve including when to silence, One-shot just plays the sample.

PS - this is in the drum sampler - not present in the Micro-drum sampler?
Waveform 12; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Peter Widdicombe wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:36 pm Isn't there an option in the drum sampler, to allow the envelope to continue, even with 0-length MIDI events?
The full drum sampler allows you to change from ADSR to one-shot. The micro drum sampler does not.

This only has an effect on notes with a length greater than zero. The zero-length notes still don't play.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Pough,

I just checked this in v13 and it seems to work just fine. I'm rehashing the steps, but here they are for the MIDI editor:

1. Find a note of 0 length
2. Drag your cursor over it to select it (trying to click on it could be a fun but unproductive game)
3. In the Actions window, choose "Select Notes," "Select all notes with the same length."
4. Under the "len" button (between vel: and Snap:), select 1/4 beat or any other note length

Done. I don't see where it's de-selecting anything for me.

This can be done with the Properties pane, too: repeat steps 1 and 2 above, but choose "Select Notes" in the right column of the Properties pane, and then "Quantise" > "Quantise note lengths" to select the desired length. I just checked this and it worked fine here, too.

If there's a bug here, it isn't with Waveform. Is it in the drum sampler?
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

That's a good solution, thank you.
Watchful wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:29 am Done. I don't see where it's de-selecting anything for me.
The Length control that otherwise appears between Start Time and End Time in both the controls panel and the Actions tab goes away when you select more than one note. You can see it in the image in my first post in this thread. If you follow the first three steps in your solution you can watch it disappear.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Return to “Tracktion”