GForce Oberheim DMX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks great but since I already have VPROM I'm not sure it adds anything new, since you can already load DMX samples into that. I think the pitch shift/downsampling works in more or less the same way in the Linndrum as in the DMX.

Vortifex wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:24 am No.
ohh !......but they told me :lol:
kraster wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:47 am I believe it was the Yamaha RX5 and/or a Simmons kit.
ahh, i see.
Thanks for the clarification @ both of you !

20 quid can't complain love the 80,s vibe with special sauce. Never use multi out

Funky40 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:25 pm
Vortifex wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:24 am No.
ohh !......but they told me :lol:
kraster wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:47 am I believe it was the Yamaha RX5 and/or a Simmons kit.
ahh, i see.
Thanks for the clarification @ both of you !
Ackshually... the 'snare' in that track is the sound of Larry Blackmon clapping his hands in a stairwell. Can't tell where the rest is from but it doesn't sound like an RX5.

beely wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:32 pm Apart from the OB-1 (and how many more SEM's do we *really* need?), they're more all less done all that Oberheim stuff now, unless you really count the OB8/OB-Xa as substantially different from what OB-X can do...
OB-1 is a sweet synth. SEM-like but with a rounder, softer sounding filter. Actually my favorite Oberheim.

I like this, even if its pretty simple. nice workflow, nostalgia etc. Will pick it up
likely. :tu:

mine had z rims and mushroom grips 8)

vurt wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:12 pm mine had z rims and mushroom grips 8)
Hah, I was gonna make a Skyways reference, but figured it would go over people's heads! ;)

(I killed my z-rims back in the day... Tuffs were way better :tu: )\

(Behringer's version of this actually is called "BMX"...)

beely wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:19 pm
vurt wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:12 pm mine had z rims and mushroom grips 8)
Hah, I was gonna make a Skyways reference, but figured it would go over people's heads! ;)

(I killed my z-rims back in the day... Tuffs were way better :tu: )
drunk driver killed my z rims :x
got skyway after that, but was a bit wary of riding for some reason, for a long time.

(i was on the pavement when he hit me)

:lol: at the edit!

Yea i never actually had a DMX, i do have an
R8 tho. :shrug:

i bought it, but this definitely needs a sequencer

emef wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:14 pm i bought it, but this definitely needs a sequencer
Honestly, I agree with the GeeFs on this - do you really need to build in pattern recording, selection, editing/management, pattern chaining into song modes, likely a graphic editor and all that other stuff, and deal with arranging in two different places when you're already using it inside a sequencer which, in my case at least, has 30+ years of sequencing development, and comfortable, configurable, large-window environment, real time, step time pattern or live, clip or arrange sequencing or pattern editor modes?

However, I do use multi-outs a lot and the lack of them is a bit annoying/limiting. I can work around it, but it would be nice not to have to...

emef wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:14 pm i bought it, but this definitely needs a sequencer
I was just driving the demo of DMX from Atlas (in Bitwig)- very sophisticated sequencer that you can play with live

The midi files are pretty good just dropped in as clips in live or Bitwig…
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”