One Synth Challenge #183: AudiblePlanets by Greg Recco / gregrecco67

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge:
It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Here's How It Works:
  1. Download our synth of the month here
  2. You make an awesome track before the 1st of next month using only the chosen synth and some effects *Rules Apply*
  3. Announce your submission here on this thread, with proper details
  4. At minimum, please mention # of instances of the synth, the DAW (Reaper, Ableton, etc), and all plugins.
  5. Submit your soundcloud link here following the correct format for title, download enabled, and submission description. Your song will be picked up on the OSC player
  6. Once submissions are over, the voting starts - you *MUST* vote to get a ranking or prize
  7. The voting link will be posted on the 1st, and OP will be updated.
  8. Maybe you win? You meet new friends? Learn something new?
  9. Most importantly... have fun!

**MAKE SURE YOU READ THE RULES** | See Contest Page for latest track Submissions, Info, FAQ & More

Help the developer with feedback here:
Github Page

Submissions:
Will show up here once voting starts (n/a):

This Month's Synth:
"An expressive, quasi-Ptolemaic semi-modular synthesizer - for Windows, Mac OS and Linux. Has 4 oscillators, lots of modulation and a randomise button. With an unusual system of sound generation closely resembling frequency modulation (FM) synthesis this should prove an interesting challenge!"

The synth was partly inspired by a cover of 1979 New York Times: "Computer Synthesizes ‘Music of the Spheres’":

(No video, but if anyone make one or finds one let me know)

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact RichardSemper via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
We are offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): Additional Bonus Prize!
  • For the highest Single Instance entry in the top 5 a cash bonus of $50. (note: this prize may be carried forward to selected OSC challenges until it is won)
  • Yuli Yolo Sound Design - Top 3 winners may claim a soundsets for Vital: Diversity, Bass Music Wavetables, Noises & Exciters.
  • discoDSP - Top 5 winners may claim a 50% discount coupon for discoDSP software. (Limited time only) (*New*)

Touch The Universe : **New Prize!!!*** Winner has option to receive 50 banks, totaling $1000 USD!!!

Red Rock Sound : **New Prize** Choose 1 Copy of any plugin

NUSofting : **New Prize** Choose 1 Copy of either Sinmad or Echobis

nakst : **New Prize** 1 copy of Altitude (A FL Studio / CLAP format synth only. *Not VST / Standalone*)

KV331 Audio : Bundle of Synthmaster One + Synthmaster 2.x!

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

ChordPak.com : 1x Pro Pack (Up to 3 winners may choose this)

United Audio Artists : Scratch Master Pro (2 may be chosen per month)

Yuli Yolo Sound Design : (Top 3 Winners get this) Soundsets for Vital: Diversity, Bass Music Wavetables, Noises & Exciters

Luftrum : Two Choices: 1x NFR license of either Bioscape or the new Lunaris 2 (or two soundsets of choice)

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

JRR Sounds: Any 1 soundset (This is a secondary prize, you may pick it as well as your main prize)

SoundGym : *NEW* 12 Month Subscription. (SoundGym is a
"technological, personalized and gamified audio learning environment")

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

The FXB Project by alvfaria : 1 commercial sound bank as an extra prize on top of the regular first prize. See the main site here

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

Newloops.com : any 3 sound packs of choice (excluding bundles)

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Falcon Iterata X subscription or any two soundsets of your choice (Updated Prize!)

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice (except for the Future Chill and Space Trips expansions)

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions - Developers may be looking for artists to make music.
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing.
  • metapop - Has many competitions, with a soundcloud like interface where you can share, upload, get likes, comments, etc.
  • Mix Challenge - Join monthly recurring Songwriting Competitions (with a new theme/genre every month) and/or Mix(ing) Challenges (mixing multi-tracks from scratch). Win prizes!
  • Open Source Music Nexus Challenge - From the people who brought you the FM Challenge last year!
  • Skio Music Contests - Lots of remixes you can join (Mostly EDM) - big prizes.

Holy moly, this new synth is a surprise. I hope I'll get to it real quick as this is probably one with a steep learning curve. All the best with it for everyone! Good luck and have fun!

The Sound Of Merlin wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:07 pm Holy moly, this new synth is a surprise. I hope I'll get to it real quick as this is probably one with a steep learning curve. All the best with it for everyone! Good luck and have fun!
I would be interested in a recipe for creating noise to be able to create a clap/snare ... make some noise OSCers!

there's noise in aux

Envelopes don't work for me on vst3 reaper 6.83 windows 10. Can't get it to see lv2 no matter where I install it.

edit: not a bug. Switch everything to envelope 4 or depending on FM algo. Just a really weird synth. But promising.

] Peter:H [ wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:26 pm I would be interested in a recipe for creating noise to be able to create a clap/snare ... make some noise OSCers!
I'm trying the same thing, with no luck for now

davi-dj wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:35 am
] Peter:H [ wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:26 pm I would be interested in a recipe for creating noise to be able to create a clap/snare ... make some noise OSCers!
The Aux oscillator has white and pink noise. It's on the last tab (I think, not at pc right now to confirm). Can be controlled by any of the modulators

neverbeeninariot wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:29 pm
davi-dj wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:35 am
The Aux oscillator has white and pink noise. It's on the last tab (I think, not at pc right now to confirm). Can be controlled by any of the modulators
Thanks!! :party: :party: :party:

Attention:
I have problems with Bitwig 5.2 Beta 1 and Audbile Planets.
The project that I have saved yesterday seems in an absurde way corrupt: I can open it, it plays, but whenever I open an instance of the Synth only a white rectangle pops up! The Synth Gui won't show up.
When I start a new project and add one instance it opens as expected.

So please - Don't use Bitwig 5.2 Beta.

When doing a save + reload cycle in Bitwig 5.1.8 it opens without any problem after loading the project. Nice one. I didn't see ANY new functionality on the 5.2 Beta 1 list which would be close to break state saving ... but they managed to get it done.

---
Holy BS Batmann ... I probably found a "way" to repair things.
1. Load the corrupt project
2. Deactivate ALL tracks
3. Save it as a new version
4. Close and reload Bitwig
5. Load the Project with all the deactivated tracks
6. Add a new track with Audibel Planet
7. Open the synth UI, it will show the Synth UI (hurray)
8. Activate all other channels again...one by one. Open the instances ... hopefully it works.
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Thu May 02, 2024 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

] Peter:H [ wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:36 pm Attention:
The project that I have saved yesterday seems in an absurde way corrupt: I can open it, it plays, but whenever I open an instance of the Synth only a white rectangle pops up! The Synth Gui won't show up......
yup same problem, i was running everything together so audible planets was also breaking pancz and other plugins. if you change it to load all individually they load the gui. not sure whats going on there.

The project that I have saved yesterday seems in an absurde way corrupt: I can open it, it plays, but whenever I open an instance of the Synth only a white rectangle pops up! The Synth Gui won't show up.

When doing a save + reload cycle in Bitwig 5.1.8 it opens without any problem after loading the project. Nice one. I didn't see ANY new functionality on the 5.2 Beta 1 list which would be close to break state saving ... but they managed to get it done.

---
2. Deactivate ALL tracks
8. Activate all other channels again...one by one. Open the instances ... it worked.
MadMcMan had the same problem in 5.2. It's possibly because of the new hardware acclerated GUI in Bitwig - might be worth a bug report.

neverbeeninariot wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:39 pm

---
2. Deactivate ALL tracks
8. Activate all other channels again...one by one. Open the instances ... it worked.
MadMcMan had the same problem in 5.2. It's possibly because of the new hardware acclerated GUI in Bitwig - might be worth a bug report.
Thanks for the info. I'm suspecting the very long loading times of the plugin as the root cause. It really takes more than any other plugin to load. And loading a few Planets in a row seems to cause some "race condition" like effect. Why I think this. Because laoding an project with all tracks deactivated and reactivating one after the other helps to repair it. And I really waited until each plugin was fully loaded.

+++ Preview +++
Despite struggeling with my Bitwig project ... the synth is actually fun. I have already made a cool sequence. What do you say?
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/osc- ... ign=batman

Sorry to be a dunce, how do I actually download and get this into my DAW? edit never mind, I found the VST file :)

OK Mac OSX won't allow me to run it
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Is the Synth Dev listening to this thread?
There's something weird going on with Bitwig 5.2 beta in combination with this synth.
The situation is really puzzeling: loading a project does not work in a reliable manner. If I load a project - which takes ages - and then open the synth UI, I get a blank white window. If I save the project with every track disabled, then load it again and enable each track individually waiting patiently for the synth to load itself and then open the UI ... repeat with every track, then it works.
I don't think this is only caused by Bitwig, or is it?

Latest finding: When I set the isolation level of only Audible Planets in Bitwig to "Individual" while leaving the overal setting to "Together", it seems to work better ... need to check it out, but at least I can activate a bunch of instance in one go mwhich then are showing the proper UI.

Return to “Instruments”