VPS Avenger 2.1 [RELEASED - FAQ in OP]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger VPS Avenger 2

Pretty certain it isn't. This is the default preset (well my default). Can you hook up velocity anywhere else than on these areas?
Avenger1.png
And this is a bounce of that with some varying velocities.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SEBd8J ... sp=sharing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Contacted support. They got back to me saying they knew about it and a fix will be in the next release.

This bug happens frequently: I assign a Macro to the modulation depth of something in the matrix, label the Macro, re-save the patch, the next time I open it, the assignment is lost, the Macro is greyed out, only the labeling persists.

Manuel quick request on the fft filter can you add a distortion on the section for a next update thank you. You guys are doing great work

Really tempted by Avenger 2. It is a pity that there isn't a demo. It's so hard to know whether an interface/feel/workflow will work for you without trying it. Would you guys still recommend this synth? I'm not interested in the 'one key' sequences, etc - which they seem to show a lot of...

Are expansions transferable?
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

bilrobins wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:22 pm Really tempted by Avenger 2. It is a pity that there isn't a demo. It's so hard to know whether an interface/feel/workflow will work for you without trying it. Would you guys still recommend this synth?
Lack of demo pretty much only thing keeping me from making an impulse buy, what with the praise I've heard for it and the recent sale... I know they allow transfers but I've just been selling off other synths I don't really need and don't want to deal with the hassle, LOL...
quod tu es, ego fui, quod ego sum, tu eris

bilrobins wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:22 pm Really tempted by Avenger 2. It is a pity that there isn't a demo. It's so hard to know whether an interface/feel/workflow will work for you without trying it. Would you guys still recommend this synth? I'm not interested in the 'one key' sequences, etc - which they seem to show a lot of...
Yeah I strongly recommend.
I am not interested by the one key sequence neither.

For me the strengths are:
The VA and wavetable oscillators have a ton of controls you can't see anywhere else. The level of control and fun to play is insane.
All the synthesis paradigm are covered and will covered (granular of course but also the very modern spectral, in an excellent way).
The architecture of the synth is very open. You can route things in many different ways.
You can also FM everything and even use LFOs and draw your own curve to FM.p
The filters are awesome (you even have a 303 emulation).
The effects are extremely awesome. (Really really very rich).
The mseg, LFO and all also have a level of control which is really really great.

The workflow is overall very simple. It is a serum like workflow but on steroids.

The soundbanks are excellent (if you forget about the one touch sequences).

The synth is sounding awesome overall.

The drums! I love this... locking hits, switching kits, switching patterns. How avenger handles this and the quality (coming from using vengeance kits anyways), this is perfect! We can find the perfect kit to fit our idea in no time, sat in the lil loop. Activate all the outputs and bounce out the kit and we now have all the loops to drop in sections we require. I much prefer this over automating but you could do it that way too.

I lost my passion for music production because of all the tedious walls we run into trying to make a tune, until I found Avenger. It's as though Manuel knew all these walls too well and designed this VST from the ground up to get you past them.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W11, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

Jac459 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:23 am
bilrobins wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:22 pm Really tempted by Avenger 2. It is a pity that there isn't a demo. It's so hard to know whether an interface/feel/workflow will work for you without trying it. Would you guys still recommend this synth? I'm not interested in the 'one key' sequences, etc - which they seem to show a lot of...
Yeah I strongly recommend.
I am not interested by the one key sequence neither.

For me the strengths are:
The VA and wavetable oscillators have a ton of controls you can't see anywhere else. The level of control and fun to play is insane.
All the synthesis paradigm are covered and will covered (granular of course but also the very modern spectral, in an excellent way).
The architecture of the synth is very open. You can route things in many different ways.
You can also FM everything and even use LFOs and draw your own curve to FM.p
The filters are awesome (you even have a 303 emulation).
The effects are extremely awesome. (Really really very rich).
The mseg, LFO and all also have a level of control which is really really great.

The workflow is overall very simple. It is a serum like workflow but on steroids.

The soundbanks are excellent (if you forget about the one touch sequences).

The synth is sounding awesome overall.
The sequences are still useful though because you can use any part of them you want just delete and in-route everything else and save individual things as presets or starting points. I feel like people just watch the Bartek videos on their YouTube channel and get the wrong impression of Avenger. Instead people should check out the Jon Audio videos

ChanceB wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:38 am .... I feel like people just watch the Bartek videos on their YouTube channel and get the wrong impression of Avenger. Instead people should check out the Jon Audio videos
X 1000 !

Manuel I noticed we don’t have a saturation effect any plans for future update. Also you can add it on the fft treat it like an algorithm and it can give warm to the waveform by adding harmonics

afaik impossible in that stage of audio processing. There is the shaper, which is the closest one in the chain

msvs wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:54 pm afaik impossible in that stage of audio processing. There is the shaper, which is the closest one in the chain
Manuel it is kind of like spectral warp just using different algorithm to obtain saturation that’s all

100tifiko wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:39 pm
msvs wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:54 pm afaik impossible in that stage of audio processing. There is the shaper, which is the closest one in the chain
Manuel it is kind of like spectral warp just using different algorithm to obtain saturation that’s all
Wouldn't that be CPU inefficient to emulate a simple audio effect through a complex one?

Return to “Instruments”