Reason 13 Announced- Sequencer updated!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sequencer shmequencer - that new synth is uuuugly. I know they're going for "retro" but...ick. I much prefer the style they were going for with Grain and Europa. Especially Grain.

That's my one petty nitpick that I'm allowing myself

parma wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:32 pm Sequencer shmequencer - that new synth is uuuugly. I know they're going for "retro" but...ick. I much prefer the style they were going for with Grain and Europa. Especially Grain.
I normally love all their GUIs and this one is no exception - just the new delay is a tad on the fugly side for my taste.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

spacepluk wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:55 pm How can you all be so negative before you've even tried the thing! hahaha
Well, given their track record, I'm still on version 6.*, haven't been impressed for years.

jens wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:44 pm
parma wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:32 pm Sequencer shmequencer - that new synth is uuuugly. I know they're going for "retro" but...ick. I much prefer the style they were going for with Grain and Europa. Especially Grain.
I normally love all their GUIs and this one is no exception - just the new delay is a tad on the fugly side for my taste.
:lol: and I prefer the look of the delay

I’m assuming that with this new ‘sequencer’ loyal reason users can at least be only 10 years behind on what’s been available already for a decade ?

Do loops even start with the spacebar yet on that ancient DAW
Last edited by damoog on Thu May 02, 2024 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

I expected Objekt to be main attraction for the upgrades' devices or better yet included with these "new" devices, to me that seemed more enticing than their current offering.

Easy pass for RRP users. Hopefully the DAW people got something they wanted.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

I just took a look at their website, and, wow, I wasn't aware how much of the content in Reason is only available with the subscription version. For 500 €, I wouldn't have expected such a cut down version.

This really concerns me, also with Studio One. It seems like there is a trend towards offering the full blown version only to subscribers, even when the perpetual license costs 400 or 500 €, which is loads in my opinion. Shitty trend.

Since the introduction and adoption of the subscription model for most DAWs, there has been a pullback on the update rate and quality. This is probably due to the prolonging and longevity of renewals for both subscriptions and the perpetual license.

chk071 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:45 pm I just took a look at their website, and, wow, I wasn't aware how much of the content in Reason is only available with the subscription version. For 500 €, I wouldn't have expected such a cut down version.

This really concerns me, also with Studio One. It seems like there is a trend towards offering the full blown version only to subscribers, even when the perpetual license costs 400 or 500 €, which is loads in my opinion. Shitty trend.
To be fair, the majority of those devices were paid addons before the sub (and are still available this way). I think everything Friktion and earlier falls into this category. As for the sound content, I found it...underwhelming to say the least. I don't think permanent license holders are missing much there.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Greenstorm33 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:19 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:45 pm I just took a look at their website, and, wow, I wasn't aware how much of the content in Reason is only available with the subscription version. For 500 €, I wouldn't have expected such a cut down version.

To be fair, the majority of those devices were paid addons before the sub (and are still available this way). I think everything Friktion and earlier falls into this category. As for the sound content, I found it...underwhelming to say the least. I don't think permanent license holders are missing much there.
Agreed. There is nothing in the Sub version that makes me want to jump. Guess im not much of a "loop and sample packs" guy
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

I'm betting $100 R13 still installs most of its crap directly on the C drive regardless of where you tell it to install, aka 1998 tech level.

Any takers?
Have you tried Vital?

Greenstorm33 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:19 pm

Alright, thanks for the heads up. Still reminds me a bit of the Microsoft Office subscription though, which offers a lot more than the perpetual license, and makes it pretty clear which pricing model is the preferred one (for Microsoft).

I like Reason and there alot of really good rack extensions, but having to manually mult cables is just so tiresome. Vcv handles this so much better.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”