New multi-layer single-instrument drum plugin: Oh!Snap by MNE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oh!Snap

Looks very nicely designed, well-thought-out, and feature-rich. I've downloaded the demo and played with it briefly and have enjoyed it so far. 50% off introductory offer. I don't know how long that's in effect.

https://mnemnemne.fr/product/ohsnap/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3cZaM1sgvY
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

I must say Excellent Pricing!
When I saw the Video and the Features, I was expecting around $100.
but at 29 Euros, it's a No Brainer, I'll take it.
B Ray - Embrays - RAY
Valhalla Delay - 120 Presets, D16 Repeater - 80 Presets, Soundtoys Effectrack 150+ Presets, PA Unfiltered Audio BYOME - 100 Presets, Venomode Phrasebox - 100 Presets - https://gumroad.com/embrays

Hey, Thibault from MNE here.
It's a treat to find posts like this. Thank you for the positive feedback.
Please reach out if you have any question !

Is there a manual for this? I'm finding it quite complicated and a manual might help.

By the way, the default location for the user library is in a weird place; my "Music" folder. I have a lot of music in there and... preset data for MNE instruments? There is a Samples folder in there that presumably will include samples and since it's all in the Music folder, music-playing software will find those and add them to my listening queue.

I've moved everything to my Documents folder. I guess not many people keep a music collection in their Music folder any more, but I do. I don't really want to hear a few random kicks and snares between Foo Fighters and Fun Lovin' Criminals.

Update: it just re-sets it back to the Music folder. That's disappointing. I'm not going to bother with this until that gets fixed.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:43 pm Is there a manual for this? I'm finding it quite complicated and a manual might help.
Documentation should be available next week !
pough wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:43 pm By the way, the default location for the user library is in a weird place; my "Music" folder. I have a lot of music in there and... preset data for MNE instruments? There is a Samples folder in there that presumably will include samples and since it's all in the Music folder, music-playing software will find those and add them to my listening queue.
pough wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:43 pm Update: it just re-sets it back to the Music folder. That's disappointing. I'm not going to bother with this until that gets fixed.
I'm working on a fix for this right now, it should be available this week alongside Windows installer signing.
The default user library location will also be changed to a more appropriate one on Windows and macOS.
Sorry for the inconvenience!
pough wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:43 pm I don't really want to hear a few random kicks and snares between Foo Fighters and Fun Lovin' Criminals.
Plus being next after Dave/Taylor(rip)/Josh's drums is no easy task

tMoune wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:16 pm Documentation should be available next week !
Excellent, thank you!

It looks really cool, like a hyper advanced version of reapers builtin sampler. Could you explain how the import of user samples works? In the video it looks like you have to drag and drop them one by one into the plugin. I'd expect some way to point it to a folder and then just click through all the samples within that folder with arrow buttons or something while playing a loop and listen to how the sound changes. Is that possible?

This reminds me of the old "stomper" drum synth. In a very good way.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Dr.Gunjah wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:09 pm I'd expect some way to point it to a folder and then just click through all the samples within that folder with arrow buttons or something while playing a loop and listen to how the sound changes.
I think you're thinking of it as a regular sample playback instrument and it's really not. A big part of what this plugin does is line up impact points so a sample's impact point needs to be defined before it can be added to one of the sound layer types.

I like it! :tu:

pough wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:14 amI think you're thinking of it as a regular sample playback instrument and it's really not. A big part of what this plugin does is line up impact points so a sample's impact point needs to be defined before it can be added to one of the sound layer types.
I could still check if a sound fits tonally within the other layers without setting a perfect impact point. The drag and drop workflow shown in the video with the box showing up looks like a massive creativity killer.

Dr.Gunjah wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:35 am I could still check if a sound fits tonally within the other layers without setting a perfect impact point. The drag and drop workflow shown in the video with the box showing up looks like a massive creativity killer.
Sounds like it's not what you're looking for, although in a future version it might be able to do something at least similar to what you want. At the moment, though, it seems like more of a curated/crafted type of product.

Unfortunately I think you are right. I'm looking for a decent layering plugin for snares/claps mainly but I'd want to easily use my own samples and I also wouldn't want the plugin to hold a copy of the samples I throw at it :/

Maybe TAL Drum?

Is this for playing drums? i thought it mostly
for making drum samples for players like
Tal-Drum for instance.

Return to “Instruments”