The Legend HZ by Synapse Audio now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend The Legend HZ

Wonder why there is no AAX FX version. Synapse, for us Pro Tools users, we would love to have that :)

Touch The Universe wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:42 am
MattLeschuck wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:33 pm Loving this so far.

@Synapse - any plans to add right click modulation? Similar to Dune 3.. It really speeds up the process.
You have my begging Richard to thank for those features in Dune 3 😁

Second this. Should be standard for all synths imo
I just noticed the little target control for the destination source in the Mod Matrix. If you missed that, like i originally did, that does help a bit. Similar to whats in Dune. Though i still would really like the right click modulation.

Purely for the sake of discussion, if you had a couple of hundred bucks to splurge on a synth and you're looking at Synapse's website, why would you choose this over Dune3? Dune 3 has more oscillators (via layers), more filters, more unison, more effects, wavetables, individual panning of oscillators, and I'm going to guess is more CPU efficient. Also IMO Dune 3 is easier to look at. And of course, it sounds fantastic. Other than being 'analog', what is the specific appeal of this that would make you choose it over Dune?

(I'm not arguing that one is 'better', just thought it would be fun to see opinions)

Vortifex wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:51 pm Purely for the sake of discussion, if you had a couple of hundred bucks to splurge on a synth and you're looking at Synapse's website, why would you choose this over Dune3? Dune 3 has more oscillators (via layers), more filters, more unison, more effects, wavetables, individual panning of oscillators, and I'm going to guess is more CPU efficient. Also IMO Dune 3 is easier to look at. And of course, it sounds fantastic. Other than being 'analog', what is the specific appeal of this that would make you choose it over Dune?

(I'm not arguing that one is 'better', just thought it would be fun to see opinions)
I was thinking the same. I already have legend so I'll probably upgrade but fir a new buyer itndoesnt really seem comparable. My only gripe with legend hz is that I think a pair of filters would have made it a real powerhouse. And it would pretty unique, I don't think any other mini emulation has done that.

And the compensation for resonance bass loss would ha e been nice as others have done lately. But dual filters could have achieved so thing similar with parallel filter routing.

Dual filters would've been nice and could've made it a bit closer to a Moog One (I believe that has a state variable and a ladder filter that you can run in series or parallel). But I guess it wasn't something HZ wanted or it would likely be there.

My top FR for this would be simply: prev/next buttons for the MSEG presets so it's one click to audition different ones.

I also can't help but imagine what a powerhouse a Diva 2 could be with 4 MSEGs and a big mod matrix. Too bad something like that would likely be years away if ever.

Vortifex wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:51 pm Purely for the sake of discussion, if you had a couple of hundred bucks to splurge on a synth and you're looking at Synapse's website, why would you choose this over Dune3? Dune 3 has more oscillators (via layers), more filters, more unison, more effects, wavetables, individual panning of oscillators, and I'm going to guess is more CPU efficient. Also IMO Dune 3 is easier to look at. And of course, it sounds fantastic. Other than being 'analog', what is the specific appeal of this that would make you choose it over Dune?

Same could be said if looking at other synths in similar price range, why Diva or Hive.

Dune is incredibly powerful but for certain sounds Legend is just phatter, less sculpting/processing after requires. Also due to simplicity workflow is much better.

sl1200mk2 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:35 pm
kylie wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:11 pm It installed a VST3 FX version here but no VST(2) FX. All I deselected was aax and nks. So maybe there is truth in both statements depending on how you use it.
I didn't have FX at all and I only installed the VST2 version. I uninstalled and ran the installer again, paying closer attention, and sure enough, the FX is VST3 only (at least on Windows).

Thanks for pointing this out.
Now that I look at your screenshot I think I remember that there was no VST2 FX selectable. Wasn't too important for me that moment, though...

"Other than being analog" is dismissing the main draw of the synth.

Legend sounds like a Moog. Dune 3 sounds far more modern and pristine.

Legend also a pretty familiar paradigm that most people would be familiar with.

It's a double oscillator Minimoog with some extra bells and whistles. Along with some extra analog flavour with the fixed filter section.

Dune 3 is all about making huge sounding unison sounds by layering multiple layers of synths.

Ultimately it is about Sound.

If you're looking for Trance style big pads and arps Dune 3 delivers.

If you're looking for something more classic with squelchy filters and more unpredictability the Legend HZ will give you that.

It's not really that different from having various hardware synths.

aMUSEd wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:28 pm There was no VST2 option for me at all on Mac - just the VST3 I and the VST3 FX
Of course not

I’ve yet to try Legend HZ, but “analog” is the feature that makes a difference to me. Analog emulation, in this case. Dune 3 is fantastic, but its Moog filter isn’t as good as the one in Legend, and the oscillators scream “digital,” even if you employ some tricks. These things may not matter to you. They’re just a different flavor, but they matter to me.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:35 pm deleted
There is a Master Pan via mod matrix as a destination

kraster wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:09 pm "Other than being analog" is dismissing the main draw of the synth.
Exactly. The answer is in the question.

Hans Zimmer and his Moog Modular synthesizer, 1970:

This release is a slam dunk. Like that one when Michael Jordan flew from the free-throw line. Yes, others did it before and since but that was an epic one.

So is this release ! An epic score in the history of plugins.

Uncle E wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:23 pm
kraster wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:09 pm "Other than being analog" is dismissing the main draw of the synth.
Exactly. The answer is in the question.

Hans Zimmer and his Moog Modular synthesizer, 1970:

the shin high stuff would play hell with my legs, hips and spine :o

vurt wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:49 pm the shin high stuff would play hell with my legs, hips and spine :o
These guys big modular synth enjoyers:

Return to “Instruments”