SynthMaster 3 Official Thread - v3.0 Beta & Demo released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Congratulations to the Release!

Hi Bülent,

I'm still seeing the same goofiness as I did with SM1 and SM2.

Mac Intel Big Sur (my test machine, haven't installed in MBA2020 Sonoma yet)
-the VST2 is still missing its inner PkgInfo file, so the bundle folder does not snap shut. I have to copy one over from another VST.
-when I first instantiate it, or scan it, the popup alert window that it requires authorization is not the correct type (my guess) but it blocks every other window and freezes my DAW. It likes to hide behind other windows, too, and I may not immediately see it. I have to force quit everything and reopen.

I'd prefer it to popup after the plugin GUI has been instantiated and displayed, if it is truly required.

-I'm not sure if this is me, or the beta, but sometimes, I end up with an extra layer or an extra oscillator, butI haven't yet seen how and when it happens.

Anyway, keep up the good work! And go touch some grass once in a while. :)
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Others have mentioned other bugs, but I came here specifically to say... the modwheel issue that existed for close to 3 years doesnt seem to exist on SM3. This was one of my main complaints, but for some reason this was denied and argued despite numerous others reporting it. Ive tested it in Bitwig 5.1.8, Cubase 13. Modwheel actually works. Good work. Big progress.

syntonica wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:06 pm Hi Bülent,
I'd prefer it to popup after the plugin GUI has been instantiated and displayed, if it is truly required.
Unfortunately, I need to show that dialog during engine initialization.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Milkman wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:17 pm Others have mentioned other bugs, but I came here specifically to say... the modwheel issue that existed for close to 3 years doesnt seem to exist on SM3. This was one of my main complaints, but for some reason this was denied and argued despite numerous others reporting it. Ive tested it in Bitwig 5.1.8, Cubase 13. Modwheel actually works. Good work. Big progress.
Thank you for your patience! Looks like this was a Bitwig VST3 issue, but it is fixed now. I fixed it for SM1 and SM2 as well but updates for those guys are not released yet.
Works at KV331 Audio

still have random crashes in FL Studio (vst3) when exiting FL Studio. No crashlog of any kind and only with this plugin as of now (ever since the early release of SM3).
Tried a re-install a couple of times without luck

exmatproton wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:25 am still have random crashes in FL Studio (vst3) when exiting FL Studio. No crashlog of any kind and only with this plugin as of now (ever since the early release of SM3).
Tried a re-install a couple of times without luck
Thanks for the bug report. I am going to start testing with FLStudio. (I mostly use Reaper)
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:56 am
syntonica wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:06 pm Hi Bülent,
Unfortunately, I need to show that dialog during engine initialization.
It doesn't do anything though except cause troubled while I try and click okay on it! :lol:
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:03 pm It doesn't do anything though except cause troubled while I try and click okay on it! :lol:
Are you referring to the serial number dialog ? If SM1 / SM2 is already installed on your machine SM3 will use the license key for those to authorize itself (as long as the email address of the licenced user is the same for SM3 and the others, this would work), so it won't show any dialog.

SM1 / SM2 had an unresponsive dialog when initialized under AU Val scanner on MacOS. This issue is resolved in SM3. In our next SM1 / SM2 updates this fix will be included for them as well.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:08 pm
syntonica wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:03 pm It doesn't do anything though except cause troubled while I try and click okay on it! :lol:
Are you referring to the serial number dialog ?
It's a popup asking if I'd like to turn on online version checking. It blocks everything in my DAW and does not respond to either Yes or No. I have to force quit and reopen before the popup responds. It may be my DAW, but with everything going on at the same time (opening the demo browser window), it's hard for me to tell where the issue lies. I can toss the folders containing SymthMaster3Config.txt and it works fine, but from an initial installation, it blocks. I hope all of that is clear.

I was hoping maybe you could move it to after the SM3 splash screen displays.

Also, when I went to reinstall to generate the message, only the VST2 version missing the PkgInfo file. The VST3 and AU are fine.

syntonica wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:36 pm It's a popup asking if I'd like to turn on online version checking.
That popup is only shown once. and function call is made after the plugin window is drawn (I double checked the code)
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:22 pm
syntonica wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:36 pm It's a popup asking if I'd like to turn on online version checking.
That popup is only shown once. and function call is made after the plugin window is drawn (I double checked the code)
Then it must be my DAW. (Mulab) Thanks!

Hi guys, we have a new update for SynthMaster 3 (EDIT: Rev 15097)

midi out.jpg

Registered users can download at: https://www.synthmaster.com/userarea.aspx
Demo users can download at: https://www.synthmaster.com/downloads.aspx

New Features:

1. When user shift-clicks/double clicks on Seq/Arp/Voice buttons on the Track View page, tabs are switched for all layers
2. Each layer has now its own MIDI Output Channel parameter (Default value = Off)
3. Added favourite icon to the preset name control

Bug Fixes:

1. SynthMaster 3 might crash when user moves mouse scroll wheel over a sequencer view
2. When SynthMaster 3 is installed by a different user, it crashes the DAW upon launch
3. Modulators don't render correctly when they are bypassed and their output is mixed to the output
4. When user opens up the sample editor and changes the playback algorithm from Sample to Slice, SynthMaster 3 might crash
5. When user changed FadeIn / FadeOut parameters of a sample region while it is playing, SynthMaster 3 might crash
6. SynthMaster 3 does not report parameter values of host parameters correctly to the DAW
7. SynthMaster 3 does not play Release triggered sample regions correctly when they don't have an Attack region
8. MIDI Out global parameter is not saved in config file
9. When user changes crossfade type of a sample region to Off, SynthMaster 3 might crash if the region is playing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kv331 on Tue May 07, 2024 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Works at KV331 Audio

It`s great to see Synthmaster growing bigger and better (knowing it for over 14 years).
and furthermore, to see a developer focusing on a product for such a long time and improving it over and over with a lot of passion and an eye on user feedback. :tu: :tu: :tu:

Hi
Anyone have issue with long release ?
The release stop before the end of the curve
I double check with Synthmaster 2. I don't have that.

Return to “Instruments”