The Legend HZ by Synapse Audio now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend The Legend HZ

Uncle E wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:08 pm
vurt wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:49 pm the shin high stuff would play hell with my legs, hips and spine :o
These guys big modular synth enjoyers:

squat mobsters?

Shin synthesists concerned with back health!

Vortifex wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:51 pmwhy would you choose this over Dune3?
If you're someone who prefers synths from the past then choose Legend. If you're someone who prefers Analog 2.0 then choose Dune 3.

If you're someone who enjoys both then buy both. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

buy now :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

zerocrossing wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:15 pm Dune 3 is fantastic, but the oscillators scream “digital,” even if you employ some tricks.
Just out of curiosity which one of these "screams digital" ?

Raw Osc's from Legend HZ and DUNE 3:

Osc Comparison
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:48 pm Raw Osc's from Legend HZ and DUNE 3:
In that order? Because, the second part sounds like the pitch is drifting, and the phase also is more random.

chk071 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:53 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:48 pm Raw Osc's from Legend HZ and DUNE 3:
In that order? Because, the second part sounds like the pitch is drifting, and the phase also is more random.
No, in a random order otherwise it could cause confirmation bias. They are also repeated more than twice. Which one "screams digital" is the question. There is a difference no matter how subtle it may be and the individual might prefer one over the other but neither screams digital to me.

Well, one problem with that "test" is that you just play a short note the whole time. Would be better if you held it. Even though there are already differences audible just with the short notes.

sausage test

Can Dune3 do FilterFM? Feedback? Buildup-Envelopes?

This was synth preset programming back in the day. Maybe 2 hours to make a preset.

Chris-S wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:21 pm Can Dune3 do FilterFM? Feedback? Buildup-Envelopes?
Can Legend do Wavetables? Sample playback? 3 Op FM? Does Legend have 16 Oscs and 8 Subs and so on?

They're both great synths but they are really apples and oranges, screwdriver and hammer. Depends on what task the tool is needed to accomplish. In the end DUNE 3 has a far greater range of sounds if one thinks beyond analog. Whether that range is needed by the end user or not is up to the individual.

I realize that KVR is the church of the analog god but if one expands their definition of synthesis beyond analog then the one to own if you can only own one is pretty clear to me.

chk071 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:02 pm Well, one problem with that "test" is that you just play a short note the whole time. Would be better if you held it. Even though there are already differences audible just with the short notes.
No, the test should expose which one "screams digital" no matter the length of the notes.

If you can't say which one screams digital after any test then it's obvious neither one does..... :wink:

Teksonik wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:05 pm I realize that KVR is the church of the analog god but if one expands their definition of synthesis beyond analog then the one to own if you can only own one is pretty clear to me.
Keep worshipping your digital god

go digital
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Return to “Instruments”