FabFilter Pro-R 2 -> Released Thursday November 2, 2023

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If anyone has BF credit card shock and Pro-R2's buyer's remorse I am here to help you, PM me! :party:

Here's the deal I wanna upgrade to v2 but at the same time i don't own VV (i know punch me in the face). Ahhh i'm about to get a KVR induced Pyschotic episode. :?
Techno and other adjacent genres
Horse On The Third Floor : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyL394 ... n4RdaCYHjA

Not comparable IMHO. I'm old enough to of used all those classic units live and in the studio. While I have deep respect for Valhalla, VV does not nail it.
But ProR2 has a unique GUI that free's you from presets and invites experimentation. Sounds pretty great too.

HOTF wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:44 pm Here's the deal I wanna upgrade to v2 but at the same time i don't own VV (i know punch me in the face). Ahhh i'm about to get a KVR induced Pyschotic episode. :?
I would say demo both and then pick a side, but we all know that just means you end up buying both :cry:
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:57 pm
HOTF wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:44 pm Here's the deal I wanna upgrade to v2 but at the same time i don't own VV (i know punch me in the face). Ahhh i'm about to get a KVR induced Pyschotic episode. :?
I would say demo both and then pick a side, but we all know that just means you end up buying both :cry:
Been there, did that...

Bought it yesterday. Played it around last night and I started preferring to use it. To me it gives a different vibe from Valhalla VV. VVV sounds lusher and more retro to me (well, it should be, it is a reverb titled "vintage" for retro tastes, tho its usability is far beyond that). With FF Pro R2 I kinda tend to use it for a clearer late reflection. But these are just some first impression. Another thing that quite attracts me is Pro R2 is pretty CPU-friendly.

PieBerger wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:57 pm
:cry:
I am resisting for now. Not sure how long this will last
Techno and other adjacent genres
Horse On The Third Floor : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyL394 ... n4RdaCYHjA

Hey. I buyed this reverb. My opinion.

This reverb is crazy detailed much more better control on energy in mix than in that vahalla reverb that was mentioned here.

i can feel this pro r-2 is designed to take out as less as possible energy from mix frequencies. i can hear this reverb is much more detailed and controlled than most other reverbs. for example all impulse response reverbs are so hard sounding and wall sounding like controlled wall of some spectrum noise. they are so dense. they work. for opposite this pro-r2 reverb is so smooth and detailed and lot things goin on when this reverb is sounding. there is lot goin on in hi mid and low frequencies and in time domain and frequency domain.

I hate this reverb cause this is too much CPU use. Other reverbs taking for me 0.1% cpu to 0.5% cpu this reverb taking around 2% cpu. I understand why and i can hear it. In this reverb happening a lot of small changes at all spectrum. this is worth to buy and maybe best reverb ever in my opinion. more to add feel reverb into music than hear it which is amazing i think. This is piece of art and i understand why is more pricey than other reverbs. this is much more detailed on my ear. I can manipulate this reverb further with processing if i want make something crazy. probably not gonna need other reverbs. others maybe for sound design more sometimes. but for placing sounds this is the king i guess.

Pro-R is indeed very good at "placing sounds" as you described. I still feel like it isn't top dog when it comes to "character" though. It's always very pristine sounding and blends super well with the source. Sometimes you do NOT want that. Sometimes you want a reverb to be heard as a clear effect and not blend with the source. For those tasks you need something else.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Between Pro-R2 and Raum, I’m well covered.
MuLab of course :D

bmanic wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:59 pm Pro-R is indeed very good at "placing sounds" as you described. I still feel like it isn't top dog when it comes to "character" though. It's always very pristine sounding and blends super well with the source. Sometimes you do NOT want that. Sometimes you want a reverb to be heard as a clear effect and not blend with the source. For those tasks you need something else.
this 100%!

Although vintage with its slight shimmer and plate algos have more character its still very invisible.
I use it a lot when i need to just push something into space.
It’s been my go to for super short ambience.

My fav “color” recently has become valhalla room with the space parameter.

I also like to use it to add body to dead kicks :)

Return to “Effects”