SERUM VS VITAL

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Serum Vital

zvenx wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:42 pm Yeah I eventually realised he wasn't joking.
But yeah.. Steve seems to have :)
rsp
Serum is my #1 tool and with v2 + Zebra 3 I’ll be in heaven.
MuLab of course :D

Indeed, most certainly linked to translation.

hi, vital very good, install now :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Uninstall vital, install Serum now. :neutral:
I am a philistine and I love commercial music <insert favourite consumer items here>

They're both fine, nobody who listens to your music will know what you use.
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

Check out Vaporizer2 from VAST Dynamics ... free hybrid wavetable synth.
https://www.vast-dynamics.com/?q=Vaporizer2

kenny saunders wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:56 pm They're both fine, nobody who listens to your music will know what you use.
People are listening to my music?! That's news to me :lol:
Always Read the Manual!

c0nsilience wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:04 pm I'd just get Current, to hell with it!
But is Current simply not Vital anyway?
They seem to be the same only a bit of tarting up. Plus, from what I saw, Vital went quiet over a year ago. Ergo methinks Matt sold/licensed to Minimal Audio :borg:
:-)

Benedict wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:48 pm
c0nsilience wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:04 pm I'd just get Current, to hell with it!
But is Current simply not Vital anyway?
They seem to be the same only a bit of tarting up. Plus, from what I saw, Vital went quiet over a year ago. Ergo methinks Matt sold/licensed to Minimal Audio :borg:
:-)
Hmm, they do look and feel similar. They sound similar too. 😲 I feel like Current has more kinship with Pigments though, and also seems pretty heavy CPU wise, depending on the patch of course. Some of those pads are just unusable- aurally great but seemingly designed to be as CPU taxing as possible.

Current leans a bit more on the look of Pigments (and a few others for that safe feeling of familiarity) but overall smells exactly like Vital with a bit of lipstick ;-)

Vital has the remapping function (Serum only in the OSC).
Does Current have some type of remapping?
MuLab of course :D

Benedict wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:12 am Current leans a bit more on the look of Pigments (and a few others for that safe feeling of familiarity) but overall smells exactly like Vital with a bit of lipstick ;-)
Current does quite a few things that Vital does not, or doesn’t do as fully: FM oscillation, disperse mode (think Phase Plant, but more tweakable in real-time), intuitive envelope sync, to name a few.

Even though the arpeggiator is not as fully realized as Ana 2, it has one and a chord mode. Serum, nope.

On an M1 Max, there is no significant CPU usage.

It’s an interesting synth that is way more than a clone of anything else. IMO, the workflow is quite a bit better than Vital/Serum/Phase Plant/Pigments, but YMMV.
Duality without regard to physicality

I have conducted a very detailed and comprehensive review of Serum vs. Vital VST: https://soundpeaks.pages.dev/blog/16064 ... -vs-vital/

soundpeaks wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:18 am I have conducted a very detailed and comprehensive review of Serum vs. Vital VST: https://soundpeaks.pages.dev/blog/16064 ... -vs-vital/
Damn soundpeaks, that's some insanely detailed comparison -- no idea how long it's been there but that's as good as it gets comparison wise, nice job.
Have you tried Vital?

There's something about both Serum and Vital I don't get. Both are obviously very well featured Synths.
They are not Synths that inspire new and unusual sounds that my ears want to hear.

Return to “Instruments”