Airwindows Consolidated: Free Mac/Windows/Linux CLAP/VST3/AU/LV2!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Airwindows Consolidated

topaz wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:33 pm Very cool and thanks to all involved 8)

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a stackable rack version of this so you can have more than one AW plugin loaded ;-)
You are not the first person to say this either about airwin or about the surge xt effects.

My rough view is: this is quite hard to do well and is also something your daw can do with channel strips today, so I’m not going to do it. But the way both airwin consolidated and surge effects work is designed for use in lots of software so someone could!

Big congrats for finding and solving biggest complain one may have about those great quality plugins. Thanks a lot for that, never even thought thats what was needed, and there we go - great job!

Fantastic. Thank you for this :) Spreading awareness where I can!

jamcat wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:20 pm :tu: :tu: :tu: :party:
Hehehe! I was going to contact you personally via PM if you didn't see this post. I knew that you would be happy! :D
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Great work Paul and Chris!!! I'll be using Airwindows Consolidated instead of the individual plugins. This was a very needed feature! Very, very cool!!! 8) :tu:
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

This is fantastic!! Thank you to all involved.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

We've been pushing small fixes all day, especially for windows sizing and font problems. If you downloaded today you may want to refresh now we have a bunch of day-one bugs out of the way. New build about 30 minutes after this message.

Thanks for all the kind words.

baconpaul wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:29 am We've been pushing small fixes all day, especially for windows sizing and font problems. If you downloaded today you may want to refresh now we have a bunch of day-one bugs out of the way. New build about 30 minutes after this message.

Thanks for all the kind words.
Hey Paul, is this using CLAP wrapped to VST3/2/AU/etc or native code for each format?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I coded this one with standard juce so it’s the juce audio processor wrapped as a clap etc by juce and the clap juce extensions

I thought about using the clap wrapper but we don’t have a wrapper lv2 and I thought the zynthian crew would like this (and they do). Also there was no particular need for non destructive modulation and the juce clap wrapper lets me do sample accurate claps if I want (and so I did)
Last edited by baconpaul on Tue May 07, 2024 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

And I guess inside it’s actually a Perl transformation of chris’ Mac vst2 so it’s a juce wrapper on a transformed vst2 projected from the juce normalizing layer into the formats

But the codes all there. You can just go read it and see how I did it!

Awesome! This makes it so much easier to keep up with all the different versions. Thank you.

I don't know if it's at all possible but it would be helpful if the plugin title changed based on which plugin you've got loaded up. Would that even show up in the DAW where the plugin name is displayed?

Other suggestion would be output gain (or optional autogain to pair with it) that's not dependent on the plugin that's loaded inside. I know I can always add a tool afterwards or wrap it in fx layer which has wet gain (in Bitwig) but perhaps it would be helpful for a lot of people.

Anyways, thank you again. I'll keep using this plugin whether my suggestions are considered/implemented or not. Good stuff.

Is Plugin Delay Compensation supported?
What I mean is, if (do) any of your plugins report a latency and if they do, is it compensated when that plugin is loaded, but also if the plugin is changed.

Thanks! This is a great way to try out of Airwindows plugins i previously didn’t.

Will there be more plugins added? Like more of Airwondows clippers?

*fixed*
Check all plugins.
Last edited by zeep on Tue May 07, 2024 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zeep wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:22 am Thanks! This is a great way to try out of Airwindows plugins i previously didn’t.

Will there be more plugins added? Like more of Airwondows clippers?
All the plugins are included. You need to check "all plugins" in the plugin filtering.

camsr wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:23 am Is Plugin Delay Compensation supported?
What I mean is, if (do) any of your plugins report a latency and if they do, is it compensated when that plugin is loaded, but also if the plugin is changed.
That one I can answer: for pretty much everything based on a VST2 original plugin (and that, not AU, is where Paul's getting the code to build this), I don't report latency because frankly I never learned how you were supposed to do that. My original AUs can report latency and it's nearly always zero. VST isn't like CLAP, where people are working and motivated to communicate how the format works. It was always a private Steinberg thing where they didn't want to report all the functionality, and those who did work out how stuff worked were often commercial developers who didn't want to share information. And so my journey to Windows (long since done) was really tough, and so I kept things very simple so I could be sure everything worked.

Those who have helped over the years are Sophia Poirier of DestroyFX, Zaphod of Nebula, Oli Larkin of iPlug2, Sudara of Pamplejuce and the upcoming SinSynth, and Baconpaul, Evildragon, and others of Surge XT.

But yeah as far as latency goes, Airwindows Consolidated neither makes or reports latency. There are just a few plugins in there, for instance ADClip and ClipOnly etc. which add one sample of latency in order to do what they do, and there's an upcoming one that does about three to ten samples of latency maybe, and what I've been doing with those is just reporting no latency and I'll try to mention when that's happening. I don't do anything where it would have to report thousands of samples of latency to process: that's linear phase filter territory, and I haven't made any of those (nor do I like 'em, so that explains it).

So that makes it easy: no latency. And if it's one of the plugins like ClipOnly2 that adds a sample, it just adds a sample and doesn't compensate for it, which is predictable. And nothing ever adds lots of latency, the most extreme I've ever gotten is like ten samples or so, I think, and those are vanishingly rare. All the code is on github and I can always go through and flag anything like that on the website as a tag :) there is a 'zero latency' tag that I purposely omit when I know it's not literally zero latency.

Return to “Effects”