Can you recommend Guitar libraries and effects for this?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi guys, i always liked David Arkenstone's music in this game and i wonder how to get such a nice effected guitar sound? sure you need guitar skills which i sadly still dont have, but maybe some plugin/library can make lif easier? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqiL8ln7cLk
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Hi guy,
The sound is great but not easy to get!
After testing many, I found that the most important thing was the quality of the raw guitar used. The best is to use a real, good quality guitar. If you don't have one or if you don't know how to play guitar, you need to choose the best guitar bank possible.
What I found best for getting the sound in the video is the Sforzando + Metal GTX guitar (free) or Ample Guitare LP (without the amp).
Then add an amp + cabinet emulation. Neural Plini does both, is very good and also contains effects. THU Overloud is not bad too or Guitar Rig. There are decent free amplifiers but you will have to add a cabinet simulation and effects: the chain to build is long!
Use two tracks with the same midi but with a different humanization, one right pan, the other left pan and adding a very slight pitch on each of the two tracks (Baby audio Pitch Drift does this very well and is free).
That should do it...

I've always had great success with the orange tree samples guitar libraries. I use their "rock standard" and "stratosphere" libraries all the time. Those are just for non guitarists like myself though. As far as getting cool guitar tones, especially if you aren't super experienced with it, I'd recommend something like guitar rig or amplitube to get you going. They have a crazy amount of different devices that can be setup in virtually infinite ways. The presets (along with others that I'm sure you can find out in the world) will get you pointed in the right direction. The lead in the track you posted seemed like a pretty standard mid gain sound with some chorus (maybe) reverb and delay. So setting up a semi overdriven amp into those FX would be a decent place to start. Than try and play the riff and adjust settings to taste. Also keep in mind that there will generally be more production (EQ, compression, ducking, double tracking) added while mixing the guitar with the rest of the song so as long as you have your tone relatively close so that you can tell that your performance is working how you want, you can always go back and tweak some more. I'd recommend always having the bass in place as well as getting a guitar tone while you only have the guitar, is much harder to judge. What may sound weak on its own can generally sound fantastic once the lower registers have been filled out.

If a full guitar plugin (GR AT or whatever) is out of your budget, I know there are many many nice guitar plugins out there that are free . I use voxengo boogex all the time for distortion (guitars and synths) and for loading amp and other IRs. It's a great guitar plugin on its own. I'm sure others will come up with plenty of free suggestions. Also be sure to try other distortions and tone shapers that aren't necessarily designed for guitar. There are many and they are great fun.

Good luck
JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Instruments”