Why did you leave Studio One?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

eerie_audio wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:40 am I remember back in the day when Propellerhead Reason had the same attitude and vision. They started excluding the new synths from the upgrades and selling them as "add-ons". They still haven't recovered since making that move. They were on top of the DAW world back then, even released their own audio interface, etc. It's been downhill ever since.
Reason went downhill because the concept of the DAW is simply doomed to go downhill at some point. Back in the days, their self-contained studio, and the included instruments and FX were up to par with what was available back then, but, that has significantly changed over the years.

Studio One is a completely different animal. It's not a self-contained studio, and the DAW is much more elaborate than Reason. Doesn't compare at all.

eerie_audio wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:36 pm I would disagree on the Record ruining Reason. This actually opened the door for them integrating audio recording into Reason without the separate program. And this helped them access a larger user base afterwards.
The larger user base came when audio recording was implemented into Reason. Let's not kid ourselves here, Record was a box-office bomb, hence integrating it with Reason.

What was their downfall were things like removing flagship synths from their upgrades and selling them as add-ons.
What synths were removed from Reason and sold as ad-ons? IIRC thor, subtractor, and malstrom were the synths sold with reason at the time rack extensions was introduced.

And making Rack Extensions, but charging the developers 30% of the profits, as if they were Apple.
REs are a brilliant idea (as is Refills) *If* they had kept Reason a closed system -which they should have and just make Reason VST/AU.
Anyhow, REs are still here and seems to be going strong so no, I don't see them as a downfall.

And focusing a lot of their development time on releasing iOS apps for iPads.
Wasn't there just one app for iOS? Some stupid little rinky dink synth or something?
While trying to release a very expensive audio interface that costs tons for development and distribution that ended up being a dud.
I have to agree because i had no idea they got into hardware. Completely flew by me.

They also tried to release a full upgrade as pay what you think it's worth, which ended up being abused as people paid $0.
Yea that's dumb. What the f**k were the props expecting from a legion that I'm willing to put my money on had at least half that started out on warez before going legit. Wouldn't expect anything less from bedroom producers.

I Upgraded from Artist 6 to Pro 6 from their online store.
Thought it was ready to go as soon as the payment was done but nope It is still not showing up in my account and i sent a support Ticket shortly after.

Still haven't heard anything back from them and my case is still open after 2 working days which is very annoying.
So how long do they usually take to respond? and do they have a direct e-mail adress i can send to outside of their slow ticket system?

I had the same issue when I upgraded to version 5. I contacted tech support the next day, and I heard back from them 2 days later with the issue sorted.

I don't know why it's not instant. Maybe they wait for the cheque to clear. :lol:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Tomorrow is feast day. Just saying.

jamcat wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:09 pm I had the same issue when I upgraded to version 5. I contacted tech support the next day, and I heard back from them 2 days later with the issue sorted.

I don't know why it's not instant. Maybe they wait for the cheque to clear. :lol:
Yep. I guess i just have to wait for about a week before anything happens then :dog:
Tried to E-mail Fender hoping things would get faster and just received a message that it can take upto 5 days from them so that didn't help much.
chk071 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:16 pm Tomorrow is feast day. Just saying.
I know so a extra day to wait is just what i am looking forward too :help:

Maybe consider buying through a retailer next time. It's usually (a bit) cheaper than on Presonus' store anyway.

chk071 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:31 pm Maybe consider buying through a retailer next time. It's usually (a bit) cheaper than on Presonus' store anyway.
I will go the retailer route next time :tu:

I upgraded to version 6 through JRR Shop. Didn't have to wait too long to get a serial to register, and saved tax.

They got back to me and the upgrade didn't get thru because it was bought as a upgrade from Pro to Pro version.
I think it must have been a glitch since i clicked on upgrade from my Artist version.
So i will stay on Artist V6 and Bitwig since i only wanted the Pro version so i could use the built in Arp.

D-Fusion wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:05 am So i will stay on Artist V6 and Bitwig since i only wanted the Pro version so i could use the built in Arp.
TBH, you don't miss that much with it anyway. The arp isn't that powerful, and, there are much better options available for free (BlueARP, for example). I sometimes use it, when I want a quick result, but, even then I miss some options.

chk071 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:23 am TBH, you don't miss that much with it anyway. The arp isn't that powerful
At least it offers custom patterns, which is a nice touch. But I agree: I prefer the Dual Arp in my Reason Rack Plugin.

D-Fusion wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:05 am They got back to me and the upgrade didn't get thru because it was bought as a upgrade from Pro to Pro version.
I think it must have been a glitch since i clicked on upgrade from my Artist version.
So i will stay on Artist V6 and Bitwig since i only wanted the Pro version so i could use the built in Arp.
I use Zzounds for my Studio One upgrades. Helps to have the payments so I don't have to lay it all out at once.

https://www.zzounds.com/item--PRSS16PROARTUPG
What sound do dreams make when they die?

chk071 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:47 pm Reason went downhill because the concept of the DAW is simply doomed to go downhill at some point. Back in the days, their self-contained studio, and the included instruments and FX were up to par with what was available back then, but, that has significantly changed over the years.

Studio One is a completely different animal. It's not a self-contained studio, and the DAW is much more elaborate than Reason. Doesn't compare at all.
Yeah the countless bad decisions and choices had nothing to do with the bad results.

That’s a bit of a straw man. Yes, Propellerheads made lots of bad decisions that ended in bad results.

But Studio One is a different animal because PreSonus has not made bad decisions that alienate their core userbase in the same way. People have a different set of expectations for Studio One, and PreSonus has largely met them. On the rare occasion where PreSonus has taken a wrong turn, they have always made a quick course correction. Unlike the Propellerheads.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”