Reason 13 Announced- Sequencer updated!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

eerie_audio wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:59 pm
v1o wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:05 am The individuals who initially developed Reason no longer work on the software on a daily basis. The current team working on the software treats it as a regular 9-5 job, lacking the same level of passion and motivation for innovation as the original founders. Additionally, it seems that they overlooked the inclusion of a proper dark skin option. The recent sequencer update appears to be rather unimpressive, as they missed opportunities to greatly enhance the toolset within the MIDI editor and fully develop the block sequencing features.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i0IMHAnzK8

Let's take a time machine back 13 years ago when Propellerhead Reason was on the cutting edge and had a thriving community.
Cutting edge ?
That was exactly the moment went everyhing went downhill ---> the release of record .
No midi output , and you had to have reason to use it's instruments in side record , :lol: :lol: Needless to say , Record was a flop .and thus integrated in in reason 6.0 ( + rack extensions )
Propllerheads have been behind the curve for a verry loong time
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

While waiting for the Reason 13 update I just shaved off my testicles. Nice. Since you are all bitching, I thought I share the adventure about my balls to contribute.

I feel some itch.I think I am receiving some deeper vibrations from the universe through my balls now when they are shaved...

I just let the energy flow :hihi:

I've just come here to say that the 'Reasontalk' forum is run by a guy with an undisclosed business relationship with Reason Studios and has started aggressively censoring most criticism of Reason Studios and the direction of Reason development ahead of the release of version 13.

As a reason user since v1 who's spent thousands on rack extensions I thought my perspective on the situation could be helpful but I can't get past the spam filters here even though there was nothing remotely offensive or spammy about my post. I'm feeling a little censored at the moment.

But yeah, as someone who has personally spent over $10k usd on Reason and will buy 13 the day it comes out I would strongly advise anyone just getting into music production against investing in Reason for reasons it would take a few paragraphs to fully explain.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:28 am Cutting edge ?
That was exactly the moment went everyhing went downhill ---> the release of record .
No midi output , and you had to have reason to use it's instruments in side record , :lol: :lol: Needless to say , Record was a flop .and thus integrated in in reason 6.0 ( + rack extensions )
You have no clue what you're talking about. It didn't go downhill when record was released, that was the beginning of integrating audio recording into Reason in the following versions. And that started their rapid growth as everyone started taking notice and accepting it as a full fledged DAW. They were so profitable they were able to design and release their own audio interface, before everyone and their mom did. It's sad when people try to blur history just to make a point.

I'm a daily user of the ReasonTalk forums and I haven't had any issues. There are tons of posts over there with software criticism like there are on every DAW forum on the planet and I'm not seeing those posts removed. And as far as Forums are concerned in general, ReasonTalk since the announcement of 13 was made has been a much healthier discussion of the software than anything Ive found over here or elsewhere.

Also, I don't know anything about who runs the forums over there, but I'd be excited to know whoever it is has a business connection to RS since that puts their ear closer to its users.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

two_tone wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:47 pm I've just come here to say that the 'Reasontalk' forum is run by a guy with an undisclosed business relationship with Reason Studios and has started aggressively censoring most criticism of Reason Studios and the direction of Reason development ahead of the release of version 13.

As a reason user since v1 who's spent thousands on rack extensions I thought my perspective on the situation could be helpful but I can't get past the spam filters here even though there was nothing remotely offensive or spammy about my post. I'm feeling a little censored at the moment.

But yeah, as someone who has personally spent over $10k usd on Reason and will buy 13 the day it comes out I would strongly advise anyone just getting into music production against investing in Reason for reasons it would take a few paragraphs to fully explain.
It has been like that since always. I noticed that anyone saying something negative and even backed up with screenshots is scrubbed. The moderator several times tried to say this was not happening of that it was justified - it wasn't.

There was a thread where someone asked about quality or RS support. I posted there my experience which was quite bad. I had open tickets, unresponded to for 6 months. Then abruptly closed. I reopened, and someone closed. I reported it with screenshots of dates (no info was revealed) - and they deleted the whole thread.

Mind you nothing there was no badmouthing, or calling names. And then I noticed the "#trend" whenever someone posts negatively this guy deletes it.

That forum is more of a Reason Studio product catalog than an actual forum with a completely open discussion.

If posts focus on criticism or make products look bad then they will get scrubbed by the moderator.

The only alternative for you is to open your own forum and let it be free.

jjpscott01 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:25 pm I'm a daily user of the ReasonTalk forums and I haven't had any issues. There are tons of posts over there with software criticism like there are on every DAW forum on the planet and I'm not seeing those posts removed.
That's fine. I was there likely longer than you. If you use this very forum search engine and look in the history you'll find quite a few people being upset for the same reason OP just is. Reporting about the same problem. Censorship.

He is not imagining things. The fact that you did not see it or experience it does not make the issue go away.

Personally, I learned to not be upset about it anymore. Because it is a private forum the owner can do whatever he wants. But to say that the forum is "open" and "free speech" don't fool yourself. People are indeed being scrubbed just for reporting something (in a polite manner) negatively.

eerie_audio wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:18 pm
You have no clue what you're talking about. It didn't go downhill when record was released, that was the beginning of integrating audio recording into Reason in the following versions. And that started their rapid growth as everyone started taking notice and accepting it as a full fledged DAW. They were so profitable they were able to design and release their own audio interface, before everyone and their mom did. It's sad when people try to blur history just to make a point.
Yeah I remember that being quite an exciting time over at Propellerhead myself. I remember getting the Balance interface(still my favorite audio interface design ever BTW) and then 6.5 coming out with Rack Extensions being introduced. Seemed like the company was on fire since it basically transformed from a giant musical playground into a full fledged DAW. Still a massive fan of Reason till this day and cant wait or 13 personally but that time period was a blast.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

The good old times before all the crybabies took over the forums :D

jjpscott01 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:25 pm I'm a daily user of the ReasonTalk forums and I haven't had any issues. There are tons of posts over there with software criticism like there are on every DAW forum on the planet and I'm not seeing those posts removed.
The ones complaining about stuff like that are usually the abusive people which get their posts removed, or even get banned.

kmonkey wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:31 pm
two_tone wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:47 pm I've just come here to say that the 'Reasontalk' forum is run by a guy with an undisclosed business relationship with Reason Studios and has started aggressively censoring most criticism of Reason Studios and the direction of Reason development ahead of the release of version 13.

It has been like that since always. I noticed that anyone saying something negative and even backed up with screenshots is scrubbed. The moderator several times tried to say this was not happening of that it was justified - it wasn't.

There was a thread where someone asked about quality or RS support. I posted there my experience which was quite bad. I had open tickets, unresponded to for 6 months. Then abruptly closed. I reopened, and someone closed. I reported it with screenshots of dates (no info was revealed) - and they deleted the whole thread.

Mind you nothing there was no badmouthing, or calling names. And then I noticed the "#trend" whenever someone posts negatively this guy deletes it.

That forum is more of a Reason Studio product catalog than an actual forum with a completely open discussion.

If posts focus on criticism or make products look bad then they will get scrubbed by the moderator.

Well this isn't the memory I have from the forum. I remember it as a dark dark place with a ton of people upset and full of negativity, calling reason studios a "shit-show" every 2 posts.

I left the forum for this reason...

I think if I were the forum moderator, I would also try to censor or at least organise all this negativity because I think it was preventing any new users to be willing to stay in the forum...

I survived about 500 posts if I remember well and left without looking behind my shoulder.

Jac459 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:54 pm

Well this isn't the memory I have from the forum. I remember it as a dark dark place with a ton of people upset and full of negativity, calling reason studios a "shit-show" every 2 posts.

I think if I were the forum moderator, I would also try to censor or at least organise all this negativity because I think it was preventing any new users to be willing to stay in the forum...

I survived about 500 posts if I remember well and left without looking behind my shoulder.
only to post on KVR which is infinitely worse

Agreed. :lol:

vertibration wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:10 pm
Jac459 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:54 pm

only to post on KVR which is infinitely worse
:o :hihi: :tu:
MuLab of course :D

eerie_audio wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:18 pm
Great post. Probably you are correct also.

I think it went downhill with the introduction to be able to use vst. Then people started looking - this vst sounds really good. And this too. And this! Then they started exploring other daws, because the DAW of Reason was maybe a bit lacking? I am just speculating here. Nah. They should have stopped with RE. They really had something going i think. Then they should have gone all out on improving the DAW. Anyway.....

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”