Logic Pro 10.8 is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Johnnyjohn wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:40 pm There it is, Logic Pro 11:

https://www.apple.com/logic-pro/

too bad they didn't adapt to the new iPad GUI
i only want 1 feature but i do love all of this. but i hope in 11 we have better multi track midi editing its the only thing i miss about s1.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

revvy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:46 pm "Logic Pro for Mac 11 is available on May 13 as a free update for existing users"

I feared an imposed subs model. Thankfully, I was wrong.
agreed!
• Logic Pro 10.8.1

aaaaAA may 13th. :D

Logic Pro for Mac 11 is available on May 13 as a free update for existing users and for $199.99 (U.S.) for new users on the Mac App Store. Logic Pro for Mac 11 requires macOS Ventura 13.5 or later. For more information, visit apple.com/logic-pro.

From the smallprint:

* Stem Splitter requires a Mac with Apple silicon.
* ChromaGlow requires a Mac with Apple silicon.

Intel mac owners slowly getting pushed to the sidelines... :scared:

Serhii Kot wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:52 pm
Logic Pro for Mac 11 is available on May 13 as a free update for existing users and for $199.99 (U.S.) for new users on the Mac App Store. Logic Pro for Mac 11 requires macOS Ventura 13.5 or later. For more information, visit apple.com/logic-pro.
Wow still free! Amazing really, I was expecting at least a subscription tier (as there is on iPad)

hah, apparently they have the balls to feature this under instruments.

also by the looks of it, waveform drawing is still from 1995.
for f**ks sake apple, update your interfaces
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

someone make the ipad gui for desktop :D

https://www.apple.com/logic-pro/

they have the new features here. its vague its not a complete list. but from the screenshots it seems like whats changed is mostly the announced stuff. does not appear to be any multi track midi editing improvements sadge haha
• Logic Pro 10.8.1

I can't believe they went to 11! :lol:
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Ploki wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:54 pm hah, apparently they have the balls to feature this under instruments.

also by the looks of it, waveform drawing is still from 1995.
for f**ks sake apple, update your interfaces
It's a pity because it is definitely a great instrument, can't believe they have not updated the last few legacy interfaces for 11

nah Image

+
Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 17.48.49.png

getting closer :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by xbitz on Tue May 07, 2024 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

I must admit that I kinda like the interface. Yes, looks 90s, but, so do I. ;)

It's encouraging that they brought back the Chord Track after it was so poorly done the first time. It gives me some hope that eventually things like Flex Pitch and Flex Time are going to improve.

Last 4 major updates, and now a new version number upgrade, all free. That's pretty amazing. Certainly not the experience of the Ableton or Steinberg user.

But, please Apple, please fix the MIDI sync issues for outboard gear.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”