Unfiltered Audio Battalion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

parma wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:03 am
Amusesmile wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:13 pm If you test it gui open vs. closed it makes a difference but not as large as might be expected. We'll optimize it but there's so much lower hanging fruit in the audio thread. Just wanted to let the community know we've heard and want to improve that aspect. I'm personally interested in that as a project so it'll move faster than some other stuff :wink: By the way, a public beta can be found on our website which fixes a couple of release bugs:

https://www.unfilteredaudio.com/pages/beta
Are you guys working on the "Too much midi info" warning Reason 12 throws up when randomizing or sometimes just changing presets? I was (again) just chalking it up to "my system is too old" but if you're using an older MacBook...
I didn't know about this one! Thanks- adding it to our list. Basically just load Reason 12 on an older machine and randomize to get the error? What OS version? Thanks.
Josh, Co-Founder of Unfiltered Audio:
http://www.unfilteredaudio.com

Amusesmile wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:07 pm
Amusesmile wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:13 pm If you test it gui open vs. closed it makes a difference but not as large as might be expected. We'll optimize it but there's so much lower hanging fruit in the audio thread. Just wanted to let the community know we've heard and want to improve that aspect. I'm personally interested in that as a project so it'll move faster than some other stuff :wink: By the way, a public beta can be found on our website which fixes a couple of release bugs:

Are you guys working on the "Too much midi info" warning Reason 12 throws up when randomizing or sometimes just changing presets? I was (again) just chalking it up to "my system is too old" but if you're using an older MacBook...
I didn't know about this one! Thanks- adding it to our list. Basically just load Reason 12 on an older machine and randomize to get the error? What OS version? Thanks.
Basically yes. I believe sometimes just changing presets was enough to do it too. I was going to get the exact error message for you but my trial license timed out. I was able to click "OK" on the error message and it would load the next preset/complete the randomization but the GUI would become extremely laggy.

Edit: OS 10.13.6
Latest Reason 12

Amusesmile wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:06 pm
andypryce wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:09 am Hello!

I could not find how to turn off the Seq so it does not auto start with the DAW transport.
Any help?
Thx!
The new beta build on our website fixes this issue. You can download it here. The stop button will then stay toggled so it won't start every time the DAW transport starts. I'm not sure how that ended up in the release build.

Thank You!

When does the intro sale end?

parma wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:11 am When does the intro sale end?
The real question is when does the next sale start...it will probably be cheaper again (it is PA!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:59 am
parma wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:11 am When does the intro sale end?
The real question is when does the next sale start...it will probably be cheaper again (it is PA!)
I know, but I want to play with it now! And the free Lion offer is a nice bonus.

Amusesmile wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:13 pm If you test it gui open vs. closed it makes a difference but not as large as might be expected. We'll optimize it but there's so much lower hanging fruit in the audio thread. Just wanted to let the community know we've heard and want to improve that aspect. I'm personally interested in that as a project so it'll move faster than some other stuff :wink:
But heavy graphics makes it hardly useable on older computers! Talking about one instance here, not many. Audio is not that heavy, in comparison. An option to stop most/all animations would do it, but I don't know if that would be acceptable for the company. Kind of kills the 'bling' effect. And that is a sales point, ofc.

Amusesmile wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:07 pm

I went ahead and bought it even though performance isn't great on my system. Performance is good enough as is and you seem to be actively working on improving it, so I went for the purchase. Anyway, I'm on 10.13.6 using Reason 12 and when hitting the Master "Random" I get the error in the screen grab. I am able to select "OK" and then Battalion and Reason get along despite the warning. It also happens occasionally just from switching presets. I'll submit an actual bug report if I don't hear back from you here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

i really like this besides the sequencer. also feburary thaw persons presets are insanely good. get them more work!

small visual bug: if you change the step length in the sequencer page it doesnt update the selection in the all page.

I submitted a proper support ticket for my issue at PA

This definitely needs patterns. MIDI drag and drop would be nice as well. Or some way to trigger different sequences via MIDI Note (a particular octave for this maybe).

Lack of patterns and it being a graphics hog are my main issues. I'm using a Surface Pro 9, which ramps up the fan even with Battalion idle in Ableton Live.

parma wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:23 am I submitted a proper support ticket for my issue at PA
Thanks! I'll need to grab a copy of Reason for proper testing, but first I'll just optimize it since that could be the cause. Cheers.

Amusesmile wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:25 pm
parma wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:23 am I submitted a proper support ticket for my issue at PA
Thanks! I'll need to grab a copy of Reason for proper testing, but first I'll just optimize it since that could be the cause. Cheers.
If you could check your PMs (again) I'd appreciate it

parma wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:42 pm
Amusesmile wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:25 pm
If you could check your PMs (again) I'd appreciate it
Did see your DM and will get back to you. Trying to understand exactly what happened to know how I can ask PA to improve their support. My dev machine is 10.14 so that's below the 11 they cited. They should have offered support on your os imo. Will reach out to them about it. Cheers.

Return to “Instruments”