You're gonna die. Unless you do polka.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cryophonik wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:25 pm
Jac459 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:57 pm
cryophonik wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:29 pm That chart is absolutely BS and I can prove it. Everybody knows that 75% of all rock musicians die in plane crashes. The other 25% are called drummers, aren’t really even considered musicians, and die in bizarre gardening accidents, choke on someone’s vomit, or explode on stage.
Well you could have said it earlier.
It would have saved a lot of energy debating.

But thanks for bringing that up mate. Now we know.
Sorry, it took me a while to import the data into R, run the statistics, export to Excel to make a fancy graph, choose the right combination of pastel colors to represent the various categories, and make popcorn to eat while I was "researching" the most common causes of drummer deaths from the leading authority on the subject matter.
As soon as you mentioned R, I knew you were talking business :-).
Man of good tastes.

cryophonik wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:25 pm
Jac459 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:57 pm
cryophonik wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:29 pm That chart is absolutely BS and I can prove it. Everybody knows that 75% of all rock musicians die in plane crashes. The other 25% are called drummers, aren’t really even considered musicians, and die in bizarre gardening accidents, choke on someone’s vomit, or explode on stage.
Well you could have said it earlier.
It would have saved a lot of energy debating.

But thanks for bringing that up mate. Now we know.
Sorry, it took me a while to import the data into R, run the statistics, export to Excel to make a fancy graph, choose the right combination of pastel colors to represent the various categories, and make popcorn to eat while I was "researching" the most common causes of drummer deaths from the leading authority on the subject matter.
That's absolute bollocks.
You can make graphs in R
I used to be Bunnyboy many many years ago

Jac459 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:29 pm
Man of good tastes.
Python > R
I used to be Bunnyboy many many years ago

Bunny_boy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:20 pm
Jac459 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:29 pm
Man of good tastes.
Python > R
That shows that you have no discerning capability my dear friend. :wink:

But yes, you are right, if I had to teach my mom a programming language I would use python.
For anything beyond scripting, I would go to Go, Rust, Node.js, Java, R depending of the specific use cases.

Python would be: I need to teach my mom use case 😁.

And before you tell me that python is the top language for AI, just check the top 5 framework used by Python for AI.... They are not written in Python but C. Python is just here to be the scripting between C written, powerful frameworks.

IIRC Ableton Live was written entirely in Python.

VOODOO U wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:41 am IIRC Ableton Live was written entirely in Python.
Wrong thread. We’re only interested in discussing Ableton Dead here.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

cryophonik wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:46 am
VOODOO U wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:41 am IIRC Ableton Live was written entirely in Python.
Wrong thread. We’re only interested in discussing Ableton Dead here.
This is my thread and I can discuss whatever the hell I want.

Next topic: how I met my DAW.

I guess ill go first. How I Met Ableton Live

Ahem...saw it in a rag. Had just came out. I bought it for a hundred bucks.

The End.

For the record, I now use Reaper.

I met Logic in a smoky room, a smell of wine and cheap perfume
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

VOODOO U wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:03 am I guess ill go first. How I Met Ableton Live

The End.

So, you use Reaper for the record and Ableton for the playback? That’s seems unnecessarily complicated, but whatever floats your boat. :shrug:

cryophonik wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:10 am I met Logic in a smoky room, a smell of wine and cheap perfume
That's a boring story. Mine is more exciting.
cryophonik wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:13 am
VOODOO U wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:03 am I guess ill go first. How I Met Ableton Live

The End.

So, you use Reaper for the record and Ableton for the playback? That’s seems unnecessarily complicated, but whatever floats your boat. :shrug:
What the hell are you talking about?? I never said I had a boat.

VOODOO U wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:29 am
cryophonik wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:10 am I met Logic in a smoky room, a smell of wine and cheap perfume
That's a boring story. Mine is more exciting.
cryophonik wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:13 am

The End.

What the hell are you talking about?? I never said I had a boat.
Owning a boat is one of the minimum requirements to be a KVR member. I’m reporting you to the mods,… I mean captains.

cryophonik wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:38 am Owning a boat is one of the minimum requirements to be a KVR member. I’m reporting you to the mods,… I mean captains.
If i can afford to own a boat then I can afford a bunch of new guitars, basses, synths and what the hell throw in a couple new drum sets and a couple hundred new stomp boxes.

VOODOO U wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:53 am
cryophonik wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:38 am Owning a boat is one of the minimum requirements to be a KVR member. I’m reporting you to the mods,… I mean captains.
If i can afford to own a boat then I can afford a bunch of new guitars, basses, synths and what the hell throw in a couple new drum sets and a couple hundred new stomp boxes.
how big is your boat? that's a lot of cargo.

You guys are on fire...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”