Logic Pro 10.8 is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well I guess we know what the lead platform is for Logic.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro // Ableton // Reason // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

free for existing users? daamm

Considering it will be Logic 11, I don't see anything significantly appealing to me yet. Looking forward to the release notes, because often things I like are not advertised but in there.

But a free update is certainly well appreciated.

It doesn’t seem to have any major redesign, so what is making it a new major version?

As long as the update is free, call it whatever they want to. :)

psychedelicspaniel wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:52 pm From the smallprint:

* Stem Splitter requires a Mac with Apple silicon.
* ChromaGlow requires a Mac with Apple silicon.

Intel mac owners slowly getting pushed to the sidelines... :scared:
Thanks… just what I was trying to find.

My laptop is M2, but the desktop is still Intel and much like the experience with the slow iPhones 6, Intel is becoming brutally slow.

I’m definitely ready for an upgrade, and maybe I can throw Windows on the Intel Mac to use something like Kore 2.

roman.i wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:16 pm It doesn’t seem to have any major redesign, so what is making it a new major version?
A new major version doesn't mean there has to be a redesign.

I got all excited at first with Stem separation. I'm currently trying to rebalance some two track reel to reel mixes of my old band, all that's left are poor mixes in decent quality.

First laugh, iZotope rode the wrong horse in with ARA support for RX, as Apple steal the idea completely, music rebalance in Apple literally looks exactly like the RX version. I'll say it's super unlikely that iZotope update ARA support for Apple Silicon now.

Secondly, they're behind the curve here, there's a new online separation tool that separates out guitar from keyboards, and is working on separating out piano from keyboards. I'll try the Logic version when it comes out for sure, it's completely up in the air whether it's worse or better than the RX version, their pitch and time algorithms aren't the best, but the AI is off the charts. It's just bizarre to me they didn't try to jump the competition with Guitar separation.

machinesworking wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:55 pm I got all excited at first with Stem separation. I'm currently trying to rebalance some two track reel to reel mixes of my old band, all that's left are poor mixes in decent quality.

First laugh, iZotope rode the wrong horse in with ARA support for RX, as Apple steal the idea completely, music rebalance in Apple literally looks exactly like the RX version. I'll say it's super unlikely that iZotope update ARA support for Apple Silicon now.

Secondly, they're behind the curve here, there's a new online separation tool that separates out guitar from keyboards, and is working on separating out piano from keyboards. I'll try the Logic version when it comes out for sure, it's completely up in the air whether it's worse or better than the RX version, their pitch and time algorithms aren't the best, but the AI is off the charts. It's just bizarre to me they didn't try to jump the competition with Guitar separation.
I need that tool. For Logic to do that would really help me out for later use in Live.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

roman.i wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:16 pm It doesn’t seem to have any major redesign, so what is making it a new major version?
AI. It's the new hotness...
V11.1 will have no interface at all. It will just be you speaking, telling Logic what sort of song you want and it will spit in out seconds later.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

revvy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:59 pm
machinesworking wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:55 pm I got all excited at first with Stem separation. I'm currently trying to rebalance some two track reel to reel mixes of my old band, all that's left are poor mixes in decent quality.

I need that tool. For Logic to do that would really help me out for later use in Live.
Arent't there free tools to do this already?

I haven't used them but my brother was using free options for a while now. He uses it to transcribe bass lines in jazz songs.

elxsound wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:12 pm
revvy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:59 pm

Arent't there free tools to do this already?

I haven't used them but my brother was using free options for a while now. He uses it to transcribe bass lines in jazz songs.
Yeah there are but always with some sort of limitation/restriction, at least the ones I tried. To have it in a DAW or any other application I already use would be great.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

eclipxe wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:30 pm
A new major version doesn't mean there has to be a redesign.
Major version in software is an incompatible API change or a major underlying code rewrite.
In software that has no APIs the only interaction with the user is the visual interface, the interface should change at least. So what is a breaking change if all looks and behaves the same?
Logic was at the version 10 since 2013 and added tons of features and plugins since then.
But now they bumping a version, why? It has to be one of the two options.
We will see some major change in ergonomics,
or they just want to get hyped like the other kids on the block.
Let's bump the number for no reason and make it for free,
while others bumping the version for making more money from the same product.

The old desktop stock plugins will be getting a makeover...sooner rather than later.

From the press release looks like they added tons of AI to Logic.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”