The Studio Log - What Did You Do In The Studio

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

justin3am wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:34 pm Yep! No singed or severed body parts (possibly some scorched beard hair :hihi: ).
Yeah, looks like beards were the requirement for entry! :hihi:

Congrats on the turnout. Good luck with the BW workshop!

Rather frustrating couple of hours spent trying to troubleshoot an issue where something that had been working suddenly stopped. Ended up tracing it to my MiO XL MIDI interface and the Element Hub that I have attached to the MacBook.
It appears if I connect pure USB to USB it can stop receiving MIDI and only works 100% correctly if I have to use up a precious thunderbolt port and my only thunderbolt to USB A converter. Tedious stuff but at least I did manage to fix it before bedtime.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

elxsound wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:52 pm
justin3am wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:34 pm Yep! No singed or severed body parts (possibly some scorched beard hair :hihi: ).

Somehow they still let me in, despite the lack of facial hair. :lol:

The Bitwig workshop went really well! I had some technical issues, so I had to switch to my backup computer. Luckily I planned ahead, so I was able to do my demo without any trouble. I wasn't able to do screen capture on the backup computer, so we didn't record the presentation as planned. There is a clip from the event on the LA Synth Club page but I don't have Instagram, so I can't watch it, lol.
https://www.instagram.com/lasynthclub/

I plan to go through the demo again in my studio so I can record it with screen capture.

justin3am wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:23 pm
elxsound wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:52 pm

Somehow they still let me in, despite the lack of facial hair. :lol:

The Bitwig workshop went really well! I had some technical issues, so I had to switch to my backup computer. Luckily I planned ahead, so I was able to do my demo without any trouble. I wasn't able to do screen capture on the backup computer, so we didn't record the presentation as planned. There is a clip from the event on the LA Synth Club page but I don't have Instagram, so I can't watch it, lol.
https://www.instagram.com/lasynthclub/

I plan to go through the demo again in my studio so I can record it with screen capture.
MN Trio upfront! Nice.

i saw matthew shapiro drop a video with two stregas!!!
which has renewed my interest in adding more strega to the rig :hihi:
ideally i want 3, because 3 is a coven, so makes sense to me, but two sounded pretty huge together 8)

Having watched LMNC's recent video, a future project may be a DIY Cooper Time Cube.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:51 pm Having watched LMNC's recent video, a future project may be a DIY Cooper Time Cube.
no clue what it is, but it sounds fun!!!

im doing some noodling with the onboard brinta sounds. recording tape loopy sounding patches, to tape, to play back in a patch...

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:51 pm Having watched LMNC's recent video, a future project may be a DIY Cooper Time Cube.
I made a DIY talk box but a Cooper Time Cube would be next level!

vurt wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm i saw matthew shapiro drop a video with two stregas!!!
ideally i want 3, because 3 is a coven, so makes sense to me, but two sounded pretty huge together 8)
Three Stregas?! I can only imagine!

elxsound wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:56 pm
MN Trio upfront! Nice.
Yeah, seemed like the ideal setup for the demo. I wanted to be able to use a simple setup that provides a lot of visual feedback so folks could see how Bitwig is controlling things.

justin3am wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:57 pm
vurt wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm i saw matthew shapiro drop a video with two stregas!!!
Three Stregas?! I can only imagine!
just a dream at present :lol:
but its good to have a goal :D

vurt wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:54 pm
long hosepipe turned into a lofi delay!

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:55 am
vurt wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:54 pm
long hosepipe turned into a lofi delay!
ah cool! that clears up why justin mentioned the talk box too!
i imagine you need several hoses of differing lengths for multitap :lol:

vurt wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:00 pm ah cool! that clears up why justin mentioned the talk box too!
i imagine you need several hoses of differing lengths for multitap :lol:
The original Time Cube had two different lengths, so yeah, absolutely...

ill have to watch the video later, that looks fun 8)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”