Using two streamdeck XL with two daw

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can you tell me if I use two streamdeck XL with two daws on the same PC, if it will work without conflicts?

I would like to use my first Streamdeck XL with Cubase Pro 13 and my second Streamdeck XL with Ableton Live 12 Suite and both Streamdeck XLs would run on the same PC.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Are you talking about using two XLs and two DAWs at once?

Because if you're not needing them at once, then Im not sure if you realise you can have multiple switchable Profiles, which is the entire set of key settings (and btw you can have multiple 'pages' of key settings so you can have way more than 32 actions set up per Profile on the XL and you could thus have some pages for Cubase, some for Live etc)

In fact you can even have the Streamdeck switch Profiles automatically depending on what the active application is.

See the 'Profiles' section and videos at https://www.elgato.com/uk/en/s/welcome-to-stream-deck

Disclaimer : havent tested with Live or Cubase, have only spent a couple of hours testing a Streamdeck. Did test Profiles though.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Thank you very much for your answer.

I had seen the profiles, very powerful, the Streamdeck is really a great machine.

My use is to use Cubase and Live at the same time on two separate screens.

Why my question about using two Streamdeck XLs on the same PC.

I'm wondering if this is possible and how it will work.

Also good management on a PC, compared to the Streamdeck software and the midi plugin (streamdeck).

I'd rather have two Streamdeck XLs than use profiles.

Concerning Cubase Pro 13, I have an excellent script from Sideshowfx.

Regarding Live, I prefer to program it myself and therefore use a separate Streamdeck XL.

We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Per their website, yes... you can use multiple Stream Deck devices simultaneously.

https://help.elgato.com/hc/en-us/articl ... ame%20time.
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Yes indeed, I had read that it was possible.

But, I don't know if it's possible to use two Streamdeck XLs with two different applications on the same PC.

How does the Streamdeck software manage the two Streamdeck XLs between the use of Cubase Pro 13 on one side and the other with Live 12?

Then there is the midi management plugin to download into the Streamdeck software.

It's already there since I have a Streamdeck XL ( Cubase Pro 13 ).

On the other hand, how does this plugin and is it already possible that it manages the two Streamdeck XL with two different applications?

Hmm, why would someone want to do that, its hard enough to see stuff on the screen as
it is.

I cancelled my pre-order since reports on it
were not too good. :shrug:

Thank you very much for your answer.

Question of ease for my use.

Divide everything well.

Each device for a specific application.

Much simpler way of working for me.

What do you want to say about this not good subject?

Not possible to use both Streamdeck XLs as I would like to do?

You can order another and send back within x days, money back, no questions asked, if you don't like how it turns out, right?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Ah, I think I understand.

If that doesn't work, I'll send back the Streamdeck XL.

Honestly don't really want to buy, then if it doesn't work you will have to return the product.

I really prefer to buy if certain it works.

A waste of time to buy, try and if it doesn't work, return the product.

Personally, I prefer to buy a product that I know will be suitable for my use.

Trancer wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:50 pm Not possible to use both Streamdeck XLs as I would like to do?
Nothing said by anyone indicates not possible, quite the opposite, most indications are possibly possible. But definitely seems like noone here has done so or feels the need to do so. I'd quite like an XL, but see absolutely no rationale for two of them since Smart Profiles would achieve the exact same result. In fact, given that its main behaviouor is sending keystrokes, and Im not aware of an OS that can send one USB keyboard to only one application and a second USB keyboard only to a different application, I suspect you're going to have to use Smart Profiles anyway.

Since you seem to be prepared to spend £150-200 extra just to not use Profiles, perhaps you can tell us?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Thank you for your answers.

An impression of ease of use for me.

I like to divide my uses with equipment for each very specific use.

I suspect that it is certainly much simpler in absolute terms to use the profiles with a single Streamdeck XL.

I just wanted to know if it was possible with two Streamdeck XLs.

To me it seems like it would be more hassle than it would be worth. But to each his own.
I was interested in them for gaming, thats
about it. Initial reports were dissapointing,
so i cancelled. Maybe they are better now,
i stopped paying any attention.

Anyway, i cant imagine that an ipad or
tablet pc wouldnt be better. Still i cant
say as ive never tried.

it would be interesting to see how it
would work out though. :)

For those interested, two Streamdeck XLs work perfectly.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”