SynthMaster 3 Official Thread - v3.0 Beta & Demo released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Gam456 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:45 pm Hi
Anyone have issue with long release ?
The release stop before the end of the curve
I double check with Synthmaster 2. I don't have that.
Nori Ubukata mentioned something like that as well. Testing today.

EDIT: There was a threshold value to decide if we should terminate a voice in release stage. I decreased that by 1/10 (-20 dB). It should be much better now.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Cyforce wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:40 pm It`s great to see Synthmaster growing bigger and better (knowing it for over 14 years).
and furthermore, to see a developer focusing on a product for such a long time and improving it over and over with a lot of passion and an eye on user feedback. :tu: :tu: :tu:
Thanks so much Martin! :hug:
Works at KV331 Audio

3rd update in less that 24 hours : Revision 15101, here's the change log:

1. FIX: SynthMaster 3 might hang when loading a wavetable with a sample file source
2. FIX: Modulated knobs don't display modulation ring around them
3. FIX: SynthMaster 3 does not read WAV files corrcetly when they contain unknown chunks with odd chunk size
4. FIX: SynthMaster 3 does not read sample loop details when importing samples
5. FIX: At long release values, envelopes end sooner than the release time
6. FIX: Presets might not load correctly when switching between SynthMaster One <-> SynthMaster 3 / SynthMaster 2 <-> SynthMaster 3 presets
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:48 pm 3rd update in less that 24 hours : Revision 15101, here's the change log:

1. FIX: SynthMaster 3 might hang when loading a wavetable with a sample file source
2. FIX: Modulated knobs don't display modulation ring around them
3. FIX: SynthMaster 3 does not read WAV files corrcetly when they contain unknown chunks with odd chunk size
4. FIX: SynthMaster 3 does not read sample loop details when importing samples
5. FIX: At long release values, envelopes end sooner than the release time
6. FIX: Presets might not load correctly when switching between SynthMaster One <-> SynthMaster 3 / SynthMaster 2 <-> SynthMaster 3 presets
That was superfast
Envelopes works as we expect !
Thank You

Maybe this has been fixed already,,don't know..(cannot check right now). But when using a PWM osc effect; when cranking the pwm2 effect so that the osc is blank, the release will stop.

I wish I still had this old preset I made long ago. It might be in an old project backed up somewhere, but I can’t find the preset itself.

It’s only one layer, and it would be great to hear it again with say 5 or 6 more layers added:

https://m.soundcloud.com/examigan/alien-engine-part2

exmatproton wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:16 pm Maybe this has been fixed already,,don't know..(cannot check right now). But when using a PWM osc effect; when cranking the pwm2 effect so that the osc is blank, the release will stop.
This might be related to the "release threshold" I mentioned above.
Works at KV331 Audio

Congrats on getting to this point!

Just wanted to confirm that SM1/2 preset compatibility includes factory presets i.e All 3200 combined from those synths will be available within SM3?

Cheers :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:03 am Congrats on getting to this point!

Just wanted to confirm that SM1/2 preset compatibility includes factory presets i.e All 3200 combined from those synths will be available within SM3?
Not just factory presets but expansions as well, all can be loaded in SM3 (See screenshot below, the number of presets is more than 6800). There are currently some engine differences I am trying to sort out. I will do that as much as I can:

preset browser.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:13 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:03 am Congrats on getting to this point!

Not just factory presets but expansions as well, all can be loaded in SM3 (See screenshot below, the number of presets is more than 6800). There are currently some engine differences I am trying to sort out. I will do that as much as I can:
Thanks for the blindingly fast response. i only have a couple of expansions, currently. Was more interested if the factory stuff carries over. Really good that it does, and that SM3 will be able to act as a main hub for all these sounds.

Also, how long will the upgrade price (from SM2) be available?

kv331 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:13 am

Not just factory presets but expansions as well,
Sending 'PM' :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:16 am Also, how long will the upgrade price (from SM2) be available?

Upgrade is $29 until the 30th day after the v3.0 release, $49 afterwards

There are 2 known issues with loading SM1 / SM2 presets:

1. Some presets don't sound the same
2. Some presets display "Missing waveforms" errors

I am working on those issues and will fix them as much as I can.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:47 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:16 am Also, how long will the upgrade price (from SM2) be available?

Upgrade is $29 until the 30th day after the v3.0 release, $49 afterwards

There are 2 known issues with loading SM1 / SM2 presets:

1. Some presets don't sound the same
2. Some presets display "Missing waveforms" errors

I am working on those issues and will fix them as much as I can.
Thanks for the confirmation! Those issues shouldn't really affect me. I know things will take a while to get up to speed :tu:

Checking out the audio demo's on soundcloud, it sounds like there's a filter on all the audio. Is this just the way this synth sounds now ? All of the mixes sound really lo-fi and I don't mean in the genre term, but rather the quality of the audio. I did buy and own Synthmaster 2 and I don't recall it having that sound.

Is there something I'm missing here ? Does the audio engine sound different from SM2 now ?

Thanks
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Moog Matriarch/Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/DM12
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:56 am Checking out the audio demo's on soundcloud, it sounds like there's a filter on all the audio. Is this just the way this synth sounds now ? All of the mixes sound really lo-fi and I don't mean in the genre term, but rather the quality of the audio. I did buy and own Synthmaster 2 and I don't recall it having that sound.

Is there something I'm missing here ? Does the audio engine sound different from SM2 now ?

Thanks
No..they differ maybe a little, but the raw osc's sound just as bright as they always did. Compared sm2 and sm one with sm3 (clean saw) and heard and saw little to no difference

Return to “Instruments”