Hypersonic 2 and HALION/Absolute Liscences

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone. If you buy Halion 7 or Absolute from Steinberg, does it give you the ability to use Hypersonic 2 or do you need a separate Hypersonic 2 license. Asking because I have seen people post that they were able to use their Halion license to access Hypersonic. Thank you for answering

I seem to recall that a hypersonic license was upgradable to a gallon license way way back when. That is if Steinberg hasn't rebooted "hypersonic". I know that my cubase e licenser will still properly activate every cubase version back to SX. Steinberg is good about including licenses for old versions of stuff in current licenses. The download is available in the "unsupported" section of the Steinberg site and says " a halion Sonic 2 license is necessary". I guess the mystery is knowing what "halion Sonic 2" is and or what licenses include that license. I haven't installed any sound ware from cubase in like 10 years so I couldn't say. Probably easy info to find.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

You need the Halion 5 license or earlier on a usb dongle. At one point you could request a Halion 5 license seperately to keep using Hypersonic 2. So I have the latest Halion license with the new copy protection and a Halion 5 license on the old usb dongle so I can keep using Hypersonic 2.

BJ wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:30 am You need the Halion 5 license or earlier on a usb dongle. At one point you could request a Halion 5 license seperately to keep using Hypersonic 2. So I have the latest Halion license with the new copy protection and a Halion 5 license on the old usb dongle so I can keep using Hypersonic 2.
Thank you for your answer. So just to be clear, they can co-exist on 1 computer? Also, does it matter if it is a HALIon, HALion Sonic, or HALIon Sonic SE license?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Tracyeva wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:20 pm
BJ wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:30 am You need the Halion 5 license or earlier on a usb dongle. At one point you could request a Halion 5 license seperately to keep using Hypersonic 2. So I have the latest Halion license with the new copy protection and a Halion 5 license on the old usb dongle so I can keep using Hypersonic 2.
Thank you for your answer. So just to be clear, they can co-exist on 1 computer? Also, does it matter if it is a HALIon, HALion Sonic, or HALIon Sonic SE license?
Yeah they can co-exist. The license they gave me to keep Hypersonic working is Halion 5.x but as you can see from the post above they don’t do that anymore sadly. Also keep in mind that Hypersonic is 32bit.

Yeah they won't be giving anything like that out anymore if they even still were. The eLicenser's day of death is now set so after this year, there wont be anymore authorizing/transferring/etc with those old eLicenses.. Halion 7 is completely free of the old licensing system, just like Cubase 12/13. I can still use all the old Cubase versions because I still have my Pro 11 eLicenser, but I didn't buy Halion until 7 came out so I'd have to use a third party plugin for sampler duties..

Return to “Instruments”