One Synth Challenge #183: AudiblePlanets by Greg Recco / gregrecco67

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

liqih wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:09 pm Hi all, I've build a VST2 64-bit of AudiblePlanets from the repository. I have a VST2 license from Steinberg (since 2018) . By the AudiblePlanets license it looks like I'm allowed to distribute this VST2 build, true of false?
And, is anybody interested to have a VST2 build for Windows 64-bit?
I am very interested in this! :pray: VST3 normal runs in VSTHost, but my Cakewalk immediately crashes with this synth. I don't have time to learn a new DAW for the sake of one synthesizer, but I'd like to try to work with this one. However, I don't know if you can give someone a VST2 plugin and I hope someone will answer.

HiEnergy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:55 am I'd say the sampler is off-limits. The synth can create noise and various other waveforms, so steer clear of the sampler. But I am not a lawyer.
Am I using the same synth? I don't see anything in terms of sampling. Where is the noise or generator? Or do you mean approximating noise by extreme OSC settings?

hennessey wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:54 pm
HiEnergy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:55 am I'd say the sampler is off-limits. The synth can create noise and various other waveforms, so steer clear of the sampler. But I am not a lawyer.
Am I using the same synth? I don't see anything in terms of sampling. Where is the noise or generator? Or do you mean approximating noise by extreme OSC settings?
On the 4th tab, macro
Far right, Auxiliary Osc & Sampler :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:53 am On the 4th tab, macro
Far right, Auxiliary Osc & Sampler :)
Thank you.. getting blind over here
:tu:

Just to be clear, as long as the VSTs are free and we're not applying too much distortion or modulation which completely changes the sound of the synth. Then we're allowed to use them right?

YYeet wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:35 am Just to be clear, as long as the VSTs are free and we're not applying too much distortion or modulation which completely changes the sound of the synth. Then we're allowed to use them right?
Subtle saturation/distortion is fine in moderation (e.g. to bring up some additional harmonics). Distortion that changes the character of the synth is not - but there is a built in waveshaper/distortion module in the synth FX section this month, so go wild :D

Chorus, flanger, phaser are not allowed to be used as external VST, but anything built into the synth is fine.

Other modulation FX (tremolo, vibrato, etc.), I'm not 100% sure about - but they should be easy to do inside any synth (lfo to volume or pitch).

Liqih meets the Audible Planets synth in a glitchy cha-cha hard electronic match.
Six instances of synth in Albeton Live, 6 sound patches made from scratch.
EQ-Eight, Reverb and Limiter from Ableton stock, all other effects from the synth itself.
Made for OSC #183
https://soundcloud.com/liqih/soul-for-future-singers
Last edited by liqih on Wed May 08, 2024 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

borgcopyeditor wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:42 pm
loord wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:51 pm So,no any Presets ...what must I do? :phones:
Not sure what to tell you. If you are able to see the first preset in the synth, I'd check the folder location to make sure you downloaded all the files and not just one. Also, try saving presets of your own and see if they can be recalled.

'' If you are able to see the first preset in the synth'' - no! see nothing.
Full empty fields Presets when lonch synth. This One Preset I mention - is trying like next step,trying to make actions to appear at least one preset into synth..

Exactly! You are right - if I can see one preset - this is something...,but I see nothing.
I downloaded all Presets first,and in the right folder :C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\com.void-star\Audible Planets\programs

and all Presets was in it.
After - try isolate only one preset /edited from AI/ in other folder.The result is same,not any Presets.Drag/drop too not help.
I see however that other users have not these problems and use successful the synth,so to discuss that - I woul'd like to offer you to go into PM,not here. Agree to write you?

loord wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:52 pmAgree to write you?
OK, though I doubt I am able to offer any further help. Here is the code that handles loading presets.

Code: Select all

juce::File Processor::getProgramDirectory()
{
   #if JUCE_MAC
    juce::File dir = juce::File::getSpecialLocation (juce::File::userApplicationDataDirectory).getChildFile ("Application Support/" + processorOptions.devId + "/" + processorOptions.pluginName + "/programs");
   #else
    juce::File dir = juce::File::getSpecialLocation (juce::File::userApplicationDataDirectory).getChildFile (processorOptions.devId + "/" + processorOptions.pluginName + "/programs");
   #endif

if (! dir.isDirectory())
        dir.createDirectory();

return dir;
}
So, you might try making and saving your own preset and then using the file explorer to find where it was saved, and finally putting downloaded presets there.

Rule Question:
Plugin Use: If I have plugin like the one below; which was a limited freebie which
I learned about here on KVR and received, but normally paid. . .
Is it against the rules to us it in this/any competition?
TIA! Baker

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/fox-ec ... ari-pedals

Once it's no longer free it's OSC illegal.

A lot of us aren't having trouble with presets because we aren't using them, never bothered to download.

If you want any basic sound design advice feel free to ask.

loord wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:52 pm
borgcopyeditor wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:42 pm
loord wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:51 pm So,no any Presets ...what must I do? :phones:
Not sure what to tell you. If you are able to see the first preset in the synth, I'd check the folder location to make sure you downloaded all the files and not just one. Also, try saving presets of your own and see if they can be recalled.

'' If you are able to see the first preset in the synth'' - no! see nothing.
Full empty fields Presets when lonch synth. This One Preset I mention - is trying like next step,trying to make actions to appear at least one preset into synth..

Exactly! You are right - if I can see one preset - this is something...,but I see nothing.
I downloaded all Presets first,and in the right folder :C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\com.void-star\Audible Planets\programs

and all Presets was in it.
After - try isolate only one preset /edited from AI/ in other folder.The result is same,not any Presets.Drag/drop too not help.
I see however that other users have not these problems and use successful the synth,so to discuss that - I woul'd like to offer you to go into PM,not here. Agree to write you?
Few things.
Make a new custom preset of your own, save it to default folder in the syth vst app, name it something you will recognize.
ie: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\com.void-star\Audible Planets\programs\Baker.test.1.xml

Then go to that presets folder and check to see it. The file should be there, that's where your gtihub preset zipped .xml files go.

***You have to make sure your %APPDATA% folder has ENABLED that dir in the list. Many howtos here's for old windooz (just add it, don't jack with the ones enabled, that will cause cluster f).
https://www.ionos.com/digitalguide/serv ... ta-folder/

Relaunch DAW. drag syth in new track open the preset show up.

Good luck!
:phones: :band: :band2:

loubaker wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:43 am Rule Question:
Plugin Use: If I have plugin like the one below; which was a limited freebie which
I learned about here on KVR and received, but normally paid. . .
Is it against the rules to us it in this/any competition?
TIA! Baker

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/fox-ec ... ari-pedals
Hi. Fox Echo Chorus would be banned for two reasons: how is the plugin currently paid and how... chorus) Remember the rules about modulating plugins.

With regard to temporarily free plugins, it would be legal if the plugin is free for the period from your submission to the end of the OSC month.

Just in case, I will also clarify that no rules apply to the effects built into the synthesizer. You can do anything with it!)
Last edited by IV! on Thu May 09, 2024 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If the user wants a chorus, there's one in the FX section!!

As said, external modulating FX such as chorus/phaser etc are normally not allowed.

dB

Return to “Instruments”